PDA

View Full Version : Good audio splitting program

TeresofBlood
03-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Let me fill you in. I am doing some track splitting on WAV files. I am taking suites and breaking them up into separate songs, but when I do so with my Avid software, I get pops in the transitions.

What I'm looking for is a piece of free software that allows me to set split points on an audio file. Sorry if this is a mundane request. Thanks.

GyRo567
03-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Does Audacity get the job done? I've never had any audio quality problems with it as long as I do my job correctly.

joebshmoe
03-05-2008, 09:23 PM
in addition to audacity, you may want to use shntool.

shntool will process the audio to not introduce extra samples and shift a group of audio files to cut on cd sector boundaries to avoid this while burning to a CD.

i use both in tandem a lot :)

TeresofBlood
03-05-2008, 09:26 PM
The problem is that there is no break in the song. That's why I need a seemless splitter. I'm working with audacity, but I haven't quite figured out how to do what I want to do yet.

TeresofBlood
03-05-2008, 09:49 PM
I figured it out. I zoomed in on the wavs and saw that I was not cutting right on the second, even though it looked like I was. So, I lined it up perfectly on the second mark, exported, burned. No POP!

Thanks all!

lewis886
03-06-2008, 01:22 PM
i know you have already finished... but slight crossfades can fix that problem too.