PDA

View Full Version : [Vegas] framserving issue - extra frames

Ilubu
08-19-2008, 03:11 AM
ok im working on my second edit, and to avoid as many sound issues as i can i have decided to remix the audio around the edited sections.. i am frameserving the edited mpv into vegas in order to make my own credits and to use as a guide for the audio editing

the issue is the video in vegas has 100s if not more extra frames, i figured it was just the crappy video player in vegas but when i enter the trimmer the frames show up there to. as a result the audio keeps going off sync which is killing me, and if i cant use the video in vegas i cant build the credits i wanted for the film.

any advices?

oh and the edited mpv doesnt have the frame issue

ThrowgnCpr
08-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Vegas does not handle mpg editing well. Especially demuxed video streams. I would think that frameserving would take care of this, but this may still be the problem. I find it best to work from an AVI source.

Ilubu
08-19-2008, 10:35 AM
kk thank u, i guess ill look for a program to do the conversion from MPV to AVI, was hopeing to avoid this step since i have a very limited amound of space to work in.. but i guess i gots to do what i gots to do -_-

ThrowgnCpr
08-19-2008, 10:38 AM
kk thank u, i guess ill look for a program to do the conversion from MPV to AVI, was hopeing to avoid this step since i have a very limited amound of space to work in.. but i guess i gots to do what i gots to do -_-

i would check out autogk (a simple interface for gordian knot) you should be able to make a nice xvid from your mpv. You will still need to frameserve it in though.