View Full Version : football world cup 2010

boon23
06-13-2010, 01:42 PM
I think we need a topic for just that.
What do you think currently?
Argentina... not convincing but huge potential
France... rather bad
England... big diappointment

the rest... South Korea was surprisingly good. The US were very disciplined and played as a solid team.

TMBTM
06-13-2010, 01:51 PM
France... rather bad.

http://medias.lepost.fr/ill/2009/09/07/h-3-1206313-1252313994.jpg

TV's Frink
06-13-2010, 01:59 PM
http://upnextinsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/129208581600725782.jpg

Heinrich
06-13-2010, 02:07 PM
this time we will make it to the top, t-hope!!!

http://opmaat-eduware.nl/uploadmap/EK_voetbal_begrippen/oranjefans.jpg

tomorrow at around noon we will destroy denmark!!!

germany - australia: anything other than a big win is gonna be embarassing but also funny...

now, let´s get watching!

AvP
06-13-2010, 02:57 PM
http://upnextinsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/129208581600725782.jpg

Home goals are nothing to brag about, atleast our goal was throu skills :razz:

spelledaren
06-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Germany is very impressive so far. Looking like champions right now.

Heinrich
06-13-2010, 03:28 PM
yep. good fun to watch.

miroslav klose made his 11th wc goal!!!

boon23
06-13-2010, 04:57 PM
awesome game. Germany was really impressive. :D
SCHLAND!

dangermouse
06-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Well played Germany.
But the winners of the World Cup will be the host nation South Africa!

Well, one can hope....... :-)
Wasn't a bad show in the opening match - some positives. Looking forward to the next one.

The England game was one glorious moment of watching an English TEAM playing! And then, that error. And we saw typical England: 11 individuals vs. a team. Desperation, miscommunication - all that star power unable to find the net.

Hmm, VIVA BAFANA BAFANA!!!! :-)

joebshmoe
06-14-2010, 03:33 AM
i have a big spoiler for y'all english gents. start supporting another team. seriously. england has no chance if they continue to play like they did against teh USA.

and germany is kickin ass!!!

elbarto1
06-14-2010, 03:18 PM
[youtube:aymw4k4p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK-gUXl7usc[/youtube:aymw4k4p]
[youtube:aymw4k4p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noOHdTQd6H8[/youtube:aymw4k4p]

ThrowgnCpr
06-14-2010, 03:43 PM
lol, yeah, thats about right :-P

jelio
06-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Haha love those simpsons bits

TV's Frink
06-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Well thanks, but it's impolite to talk about a man's....
...ahem...never mind.

boon23
06-14-2010, 05:42 PM
ok so today I watched some more...
the Netherlands... quite disappointing. But I am sure they have more potential.
Italy... slow!
paraguay: if they are lucky they can get far.
Denmark: solid, but not good enough for anything.

FatherMerrin
06-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Fair play to those N.Koreans, they ran their nuts off.

No-way was that first Brazilian goal scored on purpose, in the replay you can see him look up to the middle of the box, he wasn't even thinking about the goal never mind aiming at it.

But the next 2 goals were both excellent. I really enjoyed that game.

TMBTM
06-17-2010, 05:17 PM
:( :P
http://www.francesoir.fr/sites/default/files/imagecache/article_image/abidal-mexique_0.jpg

nOmArch
06-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Yeah its not looking good for France right now.

TV's Frink
06-17-2010, 10:44 PM
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/jediball.gif

joebshmoe
06-18-2010, 04:48 PM
watched the usa game in a pub downtown... (7am! ouch!)

WTF

terrible referee. i hate it when a ref influences the game in such an imposing manner.

it will be interesting to see what comes from these world cup scandals (as there will be more, i'm sure... looking at you ireland!)

zeppelinrox
06-20-2010, 01:22 PM
World Cup - LOTR edition

[youtube:2mytagc4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B2LPxggvqY[/youtube:2mytagc4]

TV's Frink
06-20-2010, 02:50 PM
http://upnextinsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/86a4c651-7dcf-43d4-bc81-7117bb8332081.jpg

http://cheezcomixed.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/fe0fed22-b07f-4060-958c-05c67b3aed82.jpg

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/6/17/7f89259b-f7e4-4413-9cc0-00c5e5d41fe1.gif

white43
06-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Is it me, or are some of the Western European teams really inconsistent?

Spain going down to Switzerland.
Germany losing to Serbia.
England....facepalm.
France....double facepalm.
Italy drawing with NZ.

Although Denmark and The Netherlands are doing OK.

I just read there that if England lose the next game - Capello will probably resign. But really, we should rejoice, we're drawing - and that's good enough for the USA..... :-P

Heinrich
06-23-2010, 04:50 PM
sooooo...

Ghana 0 - Germany 1

next stage is a real classic reloaded: Germany - England

me thinks you island folks are in for a real treat!!!

:o :o :o

nOmArch
06-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Indeed, 5-1 was a pretty good score when we played you guys a while back...

joebshmoe
06-23-2010, 08:21 PM
my prediction for the USA group:
R16 usa beats ghana
R16 uraguay beats korea
QF usa beats uraguay

my prediction for the ENGLAND group:
R16 germany beats england
R16 argentina beats mexico
QF germany beats argentina (this will be one to watch!)

:) let the flaming begin!

Heinrich
06-24-2010, 02:04 AM
Indeed, 5-1 was a pretty good score when we played you guys a while back...

that was then. and almost ten years ago... this time you´ll get your share. and you don´t even have to put green in the game.

my bet: 3 - 1

we need that tiny bit more efficency in finishing a combination and then you are just one of the teams that was sent home early...

:smile:

nOmArch
06-24-2010, 06:13 AM
Naahhh we've just been playing crap so far to lull you into a false sense of security... come the weekend im sure by the end they'll be some people on the pitch :-P

spelledaren
06-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Impressive Japan. Did you see Honda? Some amazing stuff he did with his feet...and that defender Nakazawa, excellent. Facing Paraguay next, should be fun.

Im thinking Portugal over Brazil 2-1 tomorrow. Lots of fun this world cup even without a Sweden to cheer for.

T-HOPE
06-25-2010, 04:01 AM
Is it me, or are some of the Western European teams really inconsistent?

Spain going down to Switzerland.
Germany losing to Serbia.
England....facepalm.
France....double facepalm.
Italy drawing with NZ.

Yep, they are doing pretty bad compared to their normal performances.

Although Denmark and The Netherlands are doing OK.

Netherlands is also playing bad, not like they used to (I'm Dutch).

Heinrich
06-27-2010, 10:36 AM
AAAAH!

35 minutes and it´s a massacre!!! a fucking massacre!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

nOmArch
06-27-2010, 10:36 AM
I truly truly despair sometimes at the epic levels of shitness on display by the England team.

Heinrich
06-27-2010, 10:57 AM
whoa. seems somebody finally woke up.

now you put up a fight...

damn. that is good football...

@nom: how did you like that fourth goal...?

HAAAA!

nOmArch
06-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Score was absolutely deserved, and to be honest it should of been higher.

although I think Lampards goal might of changed things a bit if the bloody linesman had been doing his job and like you know actually was watching where the ball was going...

If this doesn't finally seal the issue of having touchline technology I don't know what will. I mean really, honestly, its 2010 and no Video Ref is simply retarded.

Tennis has it, Rugby has it even Snooker for crying out loud has it.

Heinrich
06-27-2010, 01:54 PM
yup. that was really embarassing. a clear goal wasn´t seen as one. that shouldn´t happen in an important match like that where you have a gazillion cameras for different angles and 3d shit at home...

maybe it would have been more of a fight after a 2:2... who knows.

anyways i liked that game. it was damn entertaining!

nOmArch
06-27-2010, 05:55 PM

no shit, you fucking destroyed us!

Ghostcut
06-27-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm disappointed in the England team, and I don't even like football. :x

joebshmoe
06-27-2010, 08:43 PM
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/England-just-got-trolled-2.jpg

Heinrich
06-28-2010, 01:41 AM
[quote="4:1":3kjiwryt]

no shit, you fucking destroyed us![/quote:3kjiwryt]

I'm disappointed in the England team, and I don't even like football.

i´m tired because that was a short night and i really don´t wanna be at work. i should be in a bad mood. anyway imagine me, just poured myself that needed cup of black goodness, tuned in to my favorite internet forum and now: that big fat smile is still on my face...

FatherMerrin
06-28-2010, 03:49 AM
This may be a weird thing to say as I'm English, but, I think Germany did us a favour beating us so badly.

England has sucked in big tournaments for over 10 years now & the reasons have never been addressed.

If we had lost 2-1 yesterday people would convince themselves that we were robbed or hard done by & as a result nothing would changed. But because we got whooped people can't blame the disallowed goal for the result, so hopefully things will now change.

They probably won't be of course as there's too many vested interests wanting to keep things the way they are. Chances are Capello will get bought off & we'll get another manager in & will then have to go through the same nonsense again in the Euro's.

Then again no-one in England wants to get thrashed by the Germans in a World Cup so maybe something might be done.

Thanks Germany, you suck, but thanks :lol:

searcher
06-28-2010, 06:10 AM
I agree completely the Germans did us a favour, it wasn't just that match it was the whole tournament, we couldn't have
asked for an easier group and should have easily beaten all three of those countries which would have left us another easy
match against Ghana followed by Uruguay.
Yes the manager picks the team but doesn't play for them, the players are to blame for what happened on the day, to me three games were a disgrace and the one they won wasn't convincing they did what they had to and no more.
So I dont believe that the manager is to blame its the players that need shaking up badly.

AvP
06-28-2010, 06:51 AM
Pay on performance, they will change...they know that they get payed no matter if they win or lose.

Heinrich
07-03-2010, 10:52 AM
argentinia - germany 0 : 1

1st half over. everything is good. bad thing: 2. card (a foul yes, but was it worth a card? no!) for thomas mueller so he won´t be available for the next match...

:-(

1st goal after 3 minutes logically leads to instant psychological breakdown of the enemy.

now: a goal in the first three minutes of the second half and diego´s coaching days are counted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCHLAAAAAAAAAAND!

Heinrich
07-03-2010, 12:15 PM
let me put it this way:

if you´d be looking for a new expression that would clarify the meaning of the word "defeat" because you always thought ´man, "defeat" is such a lame word! it simply doesn´t really pay the toll when it gets to "beating the crap out of your enemy that it is really, really embarrassing to look at it" or "crush your enemy when you really have to and than do it and really humiliate them by doing so!" ´....

it would be "the-quarter-finals-of-the-worldcup2010-argentina-vs-germany"

0 : 4

:)

i feel sorry for either paraguay or spain....

Heinrich
07-03-2010, 12:20 PM
oh... btw argentina sucks: that was their coach probably until today:

http://argifutbol.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/maradona-ubergewichtig.jpg

nOmArch
07-03-2010, 12:52 PM
You're not suggesting that the Argentine coach is nothing more than a bloated, old & fat terminal cocaine addict?

oh hang on a sec...

I feel much better about that hand of god malarky now, haha 4 nil!!!

Heinrich
07-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I feel much better about that hand of god malarky now, haha 4 nil!!!

nom, you messed up something with the size of the font. fixed it...

dangermouse
07-06-2010, 04:38 PM
hehehe. Cheaters never prosper.
Bye bye Uruguay!

joebshmoe
07-06-2010, 04:44 PM
netherlands ftw.

would be awesome to see them beat germany in the final :)

nOmArch
07-06-2010, 04:49 PM
netherlands ftw.

would be awesome to see them beat germany in the final :)

That would be quite... amusing :)

searcher
07-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Well this will be the third time I will have watched Holland in the final, so good luck to them they deserve a win.

T-HOPE
07-11-2010, 04:42 PM
I have a feeling right now we will lose the game with penalties...

edit:
never mind, fucking referee

Mollo
07-11-2010, 06:35 PM
¡Viva España! :) :-) :) :-) :) :-)

spelledaren
07-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Best team won the game. Good for them.

TMBTM
07-12-2010, 02:16 AM
Netherlands played Karate (should have ended with 8 players IMO), Spain played, well, football I guess.
Spain is a well deserved winner of the cup anyway congratulation!!!
but the the "little final" between Germany and Uruguay was better to watch.

T-HOPE
07-12-2010, 04:53 AM
I agree that Spain was the better playing team in this match. However that referee....

AvP
07-12-2010, 04:58 AM
I agree that Spain was the better playing team in this match. However that referee....

Yea, should of given more red cards to the dutch.

T-HOPE
07-12-2010, 05:18 AM

Yea, should of given more red cards to the dutch.
Not exactly my opinion...

Both sides did commit fouls, however he spared Spain and gave Netherlands all the cards, even when nothing was happening. Puyol should have gotten his second yellow card for pulling back Robben. Then there should have been a corner which was clearly visible but instead he gave a goalkick.

Spain was the better of the 2 teams, I'll admit that. But we should have been kicked out in an honest way (penalties which we probably would have lost) then the way we did lose yesterday.

Sorry to say, but that referee gave me the feeling that he was bribed.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/67/world ... e-analysis (http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/67/world-cup/2010/07/11/2021033/world-cup-2010-spain-1-0-netherlands-referee-analysis)

AvP
07-12-2010, 05:42 AM
Was Vinnie Jones the dutch coach? :D

FatherMerrin
07-12-2010, 05:48 AM
T-Hope I know you must be hurting after last night but that Ref wasn't biased or bribed. For crying out loud if he had followed the letter of the law at least 2 of the Dutch players would of been sent off in the first half & god knows how many more would of been sent off in the 2nd for double bookings.

Holland put that ref in a no win situation. He either follows the letter of the law & sends off 3 or 4 Dutch players & turns the World Cup Final into a farce or he did what he did last night & let some stuff go for the sake of the game. No way was he biased, I mean Alonso got flying kicked in the chest & all the guy got for it was a yellow!!! So I can't see how you can say you were hard done by.

The way I saw it Holland tried to play football in the first 10mins got out played & then resorted to fouling for the next 35mins. It wasn't until the 70th min that the game got good & that was because by that point the entire Dutch team were all on Yellows & couldn't foul anymore.

Yes there should have been a corner instead of a goal kick, but Holland can't complain cause you were lucky to have 11 men on the pitch by the end of 90mins.

I know this sounds cold but you say you should of been kicked out in an honest way, but your team didn't exactly play honest football so I think it was the right result in the end.

The final was such a shame as felt Holland let themselves down.

joebshmoe
07-12-2010, 07:54 AM
i desperately hate the sissy game spain plays. imho, the style of play from germany is the most interesting (and effective) to watch. too bad mueller was robbed of the chance to play.

really... this world cup was a long list of negatives and rarely was world class football achieved.

at least we have the champions league...

FatherMerrin
07-12-2010, 10:08 AM
really... this world cup was a long list of negatives and rarely was world class football achieved.

It's funny how everyone was saying South Africa wouldn't beable to deliver a decent World Cup & from all acounts they did an excellent job. It was the Footballers who didn't deliver.

But I agree, it wasn't a great World Cup. Overall I think it will be remembered for those annoying horns, that dodgy ball & maybe the last World Cup without Goal Line Technology.

joebshmoe
07-12-2010, 03:04 PM
actually, most reports regarding conditions was pretty terrible. the fields were not very acceptable - especially for the world class level. you can especially tell when anyone slid on the turf - huge chunks would be removed, and when it rained the fields were even worse.

i think it is a terrible idea to bring the world cup to countries who don't even have their own infrastructure in place to do so...

dangermouse
07-12-2010, 03:50 PM
actually, most reports regarding conditions was pretty terrible. the fields were not very acceptable - especially for the world class level. you can especially tell when anyone slid on the turf - huge chunks would be removed, and when it rained the fields were even worse.

i think it is a terrible idea to bring the world cup to countries who don't even have their own infrastructure in place to do so...

I never saw any of these reports. Most reports I read gave glowing feedback about conditions.
And as for infrastructure - South Africa is not all mud huts and elephants, you know. SA has successfully hosted the African Cup of Nations, Rugby World Cup, Cricket World Cup, and now the Football World Cup. A few years back there was security concerns in India during the elections, and they had to move the cricket 20/20 league at short notice. South Africa was chosen due to, amongst other things, suitable infrastructure.

The problem with football was that in SA it was a traditionally "black" sport - which means no funds from Apartheid government, which means poor stadiums etc. The World Cup was seen as an opportunity to redress those wrongs, and to galvanise certain necessary transport and other infrastructural upgrades (like every host country does!)

I was very impressed with SA as World Cup hosts. The standard was world class.

joebshmoe
07-12-2010, 04:27 PM
LOL are you referring to all the stadiums that they have been building for the last few years? half of the stadiums were fully created. the rest were completely renovated.

FIFA created a rule to rotate the world cup around the continents (read as "football confederations"). immediately after they gave south africa the bid, they retracted that rule. in 2007 they were not - in any way - expected to pull it off. initially, it was rumored that WC2010 would be moved from south africa due to lack of preparation.

south africa was ridiculed for their practice of evicting locals to build condos to host all the foreigners set to be flooding the country.

a few of the stadiums were over a mile above sealevel, drawing a lot of concerns about player health and the impact of conditions on play (and the ball).

the funniest bit to me... the ball. i've played with the jabulani and its impact seems pretty over-exaggerated. seems fine to me.

...FIFA and south africa artificially created an environment to host the world cup in their country. that is what i think is completely unnecessary, and i'm guessing that without forcing WC2010 to be hosted in africa, this would NEVER have happened.

dangermouse
07-13-2010, 05:34 AM
I said the *old* stadiums were poor, not the new ones.
And whether FIFA jimmied the system or not, SA hosted a successful World Cup in regards to infrastructure etc.
As for your comment on stadiums being a mile up - you do realise that Johannesburg, SA's largest city, lies on a plateau which is that high. Or do you think they should only have used the coastal city and cut out half the country, including the capital? :)

And they didn't "evict locals to build condos" (where do you get your news from?!) - the real problem was the ban on local business activities in a zone around the stadiums. Street sellers, restaurants and shops were closed down or forcibly removed due to FIFA regulations. That was ridiculous. But, they found a way - there was a HUGE amount of people selling stuff at the car parks, train stations and fan walks. Most people bought there instead of the "Bud and Mac" forced fare at the stadium.

I don't quite get what your beef is with SA. I think it was great - certainly comparable to, if not better than Germany 4 years ago.

joebshmoe
07-13-2010, 12:44 PM
news and info? in-game commentary (watched/listened to almost all matches, mix of BBC and ESPN commentators) and teh internet, which, i'm guessing, is where everyone else gets there news from nowadays.

actually, housing issues and field conditions i thought were relatively highly covered...
http://www.nutmegradio.com/world-cup-ho ... -the-poor/ (http://www.nutmegradio.com/world-cup-host-needs-to-live-up-to-its-promise-of-better-housing-for-the-poor/)
http://links.org.au/node/1738

i have nothing against SA at all... it is just:
a> use a country that already has things covered for a world cup
a.1> choose a country with an appropriate premier football/sports league (which, by nature, would probably have things covered)
b> build everything to support a world cup

to me - from a sustainability & social issues standpoint - the answer is pretty easy.