PDA

View Full Version : [Vegas] Import .mov in Vegas question

Mnm
08-24-2007, 06:08 AM
Do anybody know how to import quicktime .mov format into Vegas? I have some interactive content from music CD, which I want to include into DVD, and since that is only one there is out there, I want to use it in best quality. I tried to convert it with other converters and quality is not god, because video got interlaced and I wanna do that in Vegas, where I can render it with 'progressive scan'! So, any help?

lewis886
08-24-2007, 07:19 AM
using .mov in vegas is just like using any other format. it doesn't require any sort of conversion. just find the file in the explorer window and drag and drop it into the timeline. just tried it to make sure and it worked perfectly fine.

Mnm
08-24-2007, 09:52 AM
That's strange, I've tried just that and it always report some error. And always when I try to convert that .mov, I have interlaced video. I hate those bars....

lewis886
08-24-2007, 09:57 AM
no clue then. :( sorry.

what program are you using to try to convert it?

Mnm
08-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Now I'm using 'Ultra Quicktime Converter', before that I was using 'Total Video Converter'. Do you have any advice how to convert them and what converter would you use?

ThrowgnCpr
08-24-2007, 10:09 AM
well if you have all the proper codecs installed, which i assume you do, i would try CCE or tmpgenc. you have more control over the settings, which should help with your interlacing issues

Mnm
08-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Yes, that's what I need! Man how stupid of me, how I didn't remember to try those! And yes, I have all the codecs. Thank you, I will try that and see what will come of it...