PDA

View Full Version : Enhancing movie quality

Mnm
08-24-2007, 10:00 AM
O.K., I know it is too much, but I have some low quality videos from youtube, and since there is no other way for me to find them in better quality, do anybody know any program in which I can improve those videos? Even a little bit?

ThrowgnCpr
08-24-2007, 10:08 AM
well there are lots of things you can try. it really depends on how good/bad the videos from youtube are. There are lots of filters you can try in avisynth, virtualdub, tmpgenc, etc. depends on what you want to do and how familiar you are with the software. if you have videos from youtube that are "widescreen", they often look like crap after you convert them, so I have recropped or matted to make the matting look crisp again.

I havent done this much, so maybe someone knows specific filters that can help.

Mnm
08-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Well I was just started to use those programs, and obviously I will need to explore them. Videos are various quality, there is a good and the bad one. So if anyone knows which filters are to use I will be thankful...

NexPhr3ak0r
08-24-2007, 10:39 AM
depends on how bad the source video is. To be honest if it is really bad then don't even waste yoru time. A wise man once told crap in, then crap output. You might be able to clean it a little but not much. i'd say try messaging the perswon on youtube and see if they can send you a better quality source.

Mnm
08-24-2007, 11:00 AM
That is not so bad idea. I'll do that.

DaVaRo
08-26-2007, 10:53 AM
You could also just increase the bitrate with the same resolution to at least make the actual video a bit cleaner. As mentioned, the problem would probably be the source. :)

Mnm
08-27-2007, 07:32 AM
I'll try that.