• FAQ

Where Are the Fanedits/Download Links?
      Fanedit.org doesn't allow download links. You can find what you need at fanedit.info, but note that fanedit.info is an independent site. We are not affiliated with it.

Why Donít You Link to Fanedits?
      Fanedit.org has been shut down by the MPAA in the past for this very reason. To maintain an amicable relation with them and the copyright owners, we felt that in the best interest of all those involved to focus the site on news, reviews and a database of quality fanedits. Itís that reason we donít allow direct links to be posted.

Oh No! Fanedit.info is down! What do I do now?
      Send a Private Message to the editor to ask for the links. If no response, go to the Trades and Requests forum.

There's a Fanedit I Want But Can't Find. What Should I Do?
      Older fanedits are sometimes difficult to find. First try contacting the faneditor to see if he or she can help. If you can't find a way of contacting them, or they aren't responding then feel free to ask in the Trade & Request Forum. That is the only forum you should be making requests for fanedits in.

I've Tried Contacting the Editor But He's Ignoring Me. Why?
      How did you word your PM? Were you polite? Have you made an effort on the forum? Most editors are friendly and willing to help you track down their edits but you have to be polite and show initiative on the forum. Don't be presumptuous and assume you're entitled to their edit. You're not. Don't PM them with something like, "I want to watch your edit. Where is it?" That's not polite and will most certainly ensure they ignore you.

Be sure to make an effort. (See the first question in this FAQ.) Participate in the forum. Send a polite and unassuming PM to the editor. If an editor sees you've participated in the forum their more likely to respond to you.

Be sure to read up on The Rules before posting in the forums.

NTSC, PAL, HD - Which Is Right For Me?
      When it comes to NTSC and PAL it all depends on what country youíre in. To keep it simple look at this map. If youíre in a Green country youíll want NTSC and if youíre Blue youíll want PAL. Green is a crapshoot and youíll have to do a little more research for your specific country.

HD, or High Definition, produces a higher picture quality over NTSC and PAL. Whereas NTSC has a screen resolution of 720x480 (480i), HD starts at 1280x720 (720p) and goes up to 1920x1080 (1080p).

Before downloading a DVD or Blu-Ray version be sure you have a disc burner capable of burning the appropriate disc. If you donít then stick with an MKV, MP4 or similar format.

DLC? NZB? What Are They and How Do They Work?
      DLC and NZB are container files that contain encrypted links making downloading fanedits easier. DLC are used with digital lockers such as Mega and Rapidshare while NZB is used for usenet. If you want to download a fanedit using a DLC file youíll need a program like jDownloader to open the DLC. For NZB youíll need a program like SABnzbd.

It should be noted that digital lockers are generally free while usenet requires a small investment for access. This is not a service Fanedit.org provides, so look in our forums for suggestions from its members.

How Do I Download from a Digital Locker (Mega, Rapidshare, etc.)?
      Read this Guide.

How Do I Download from Usenet?
      Read this Guide.

I've Managed to Get a Fanedit. Now What?
      It all depends on what format you got. If it was an MKV, MP4 or some other similar format then you should be able to play it on your computer. A program we like is VLC and is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.

If you downloaded a DVD or Blu-Ray disc then there is a little more work involved. Please read How to Burn a DVD/Blu-Ray (Windows / Mac).

I've Made My Own Fanedit! How Do I Submit It?
      Established faneditors need only go to Fanedit Database and sign in. Then click on User Menu and click Fanedit Submission.

New faneditors require their edits be vetted a member of the fanedit.org academy. The academy consists of people the administrators and moderators trust to look at new edits with a critical eye to ensure they meet the standards weíve set to be listed in the database. Visit the First Time Fanedit Submission page for more details as well as the submission form.

The Academy Member Reject My Edit! What Should I Do?
      Their word outweighs yours, so if youíd like your edit listed in the Fanedit Database youíd do well to review their critique and make the necessary changes. They arenít trying to be malicious but are in fact trying to help you, so donít take it personally. Once youíve made the changes just resubmit your edit.

I Registered but Haven't Received My Authorization Email!

Check your spam/junk folder first. If it's not there then visit this page.

How Do I Reset My Password?

Visit this page.

How Can I Change My Username?
      We only allow a name change once year. Please contact an administrator for further assistance.

How Can I Delete My Account?
      We only delete accounts that have no posts in the forum or reviews in the Fanedit Database. Contact an administrator for further assistance.

• Donations

Fanedit.org is a non-profit site. If you like the site you can make a donation through PayPal. All donations are used to maintain the site.

Select your preferred currency and donation amount, then click the donate button.

• Amazon.com

YOU MUST OWN AN OFFICIALLY RELEASED VERSION TO LEGALLY WATCH A FANEDIT.

Fanedit.org is not affiliated with Fanedit.info

Visitors to Fanedit.org are advised that all fanedits contained within the pages of the websites are believed to be fanedits and/or preservation projects of films from personal collections which fall under the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. ¬ß 107, which states: Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include‚ÄĒ 1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes; 2. the nature of the copyrighted work; 3. the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and 4. the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work. Since fanedits contained here are mainly created out of criticisms, research, and are completely nonprofit, we here at Fanedit.org believe that they fall under the requirements of the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. ¬ß 107. However, no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information are made. Visitors are encouraged to review the official version of all documents upon which they plan to download as well as to make completely sure they own a legitimate, original copy of anything they may wish to download. The safest course is always to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. Fanedit.org cannot give this permission. Legal Disclaimer Regarding Links to Other Sites - Some of the linked sites are not under the control of Fanedit.org. Therefore, Fanedit.org makes no representations concerning their content, and are not responsible for their content. That Fanedit.org has provided a link to a site is not an endorsement, or an indication of affiliation with the owners or publishers of any fanedits and all related materials. There are risks in using any information, services or fanedits found on the Internet via any outside links; and Fanedit.org cautions you to make sure that you completely understand these risks before retrieving, using, relying upon, or downloading anything via the Internet. Legal Disclaimer Regarding Members, Fanedits and Links. Fanedit.org reserves the right to refuse services at any time. Notification that Information Provided by You is Public Information Any information provided by you to Fanedit.org, including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, download links, etc., etc., are considered non-confidential since it is a public website; moreover, such information is a public record subject to public inspection pursuant to law. Fanedit.org has no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and cannot be held responsible for the decisions nor the actions of any individuals of the entire Internet community at large. By downloading any fanedit, the downloader assumes all responsibilities thereof as well as all the consequences that may incur. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!