• Newest FanEdits

• Welcome to the World of FanEdits!

What are FanEdits, and why make them? FanEdits are an artform where someone takes a video source/sources and rearranges them with video editing software to create either a modified, or even radically new version of a movie.

To learn more about FanEditing read more.
  • Fanedit News

Posted on 04-21-2014 03:09 PM  Number of Views: 26 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    Bionic Bob just released his new "Cyborg" fanedit:Cyborg 6: Eve of Destruction
    This fanedit makes two Bionic Woman's episodes into one movie.

Bionic Bob:
    "This two part episode is pretty much perfect in its original form. But I wanted to try something new creatively, so I have added the classic protest song Eve of Destruction to three scenes to try to add another/different layer of drama. This idea was directly inspired by one of my favorite tv shows as a teen, The Greatest American Hero "Operation Spoilsport", which incorporated the same song in its doomsday storyline.

BONUS FEATURE: The Six Million Dollar Man must save a Soviet Scientist from an earthquake ravaged secret underground base before it is destroyed by a nuclear bomb! This is the original inspiration for "Doomsday is Tomorrow" and prequel to THE DEATH PROBE!"

Enter the forum discussion.

Inline Image
    Posted on 04-21-2014 03:02 PM  Number of Views: 39 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    Avid 4D just released his new Superman fanedit:The Superman of Krypton
    This is the sequel to Avid 4D's first fan edit The Superman. It takes the best components of Superman III and IV, and parts of Superman II that weren't used in The Superman, to create a story that provides links to the first film, bridges to the third film, with more urgency on the threat of nuclear terrorism and less silly humor.

Avid 4D:
    "Superman III had a lot of potential, and even parts of IV could have been great if not for the terrible script and even worse special effects. The Superman of Krypton is a project aiming to provide a lot of action and more seriousness. The bad special effects couldn't always be masked, nor could the aging of Margot Kidder as Lois Lane, but there are still some scenes that are truly great from these films. There is a lot going on in this relatively short movie of 135 mins, but hey, only a Super-man could possibly save the day when that happens! "

Inline Image
    Posted on 04-14-2014 02:32 PM  Number of Views: 181 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit,
    3. Star Wars Fanedit

Inline Image
    Q2 just released a new fanedit: Clone Wars: Episode I - Rise of the Separatists. This is the first "Tv-series to movie" fanedit turning the Clone Wars TV series into a trilogy of movies.

Q2:
    "I wanted to condense The Clone Wars TV series into a trilogy of films bridging that gap between Episodes II and III."

Inline Image
    Posted on 04-14-2014 02:31 PM  Number of Views: 122 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    TM2YC (Take Me To Your Cinema), just released a new fanedit:Thor - The Dark World: Hard Forged Edition
    Thor - The Dark World' with the narrative in a more logical order, so scenes now flow from one to the other naturally. A new ending has been created more in keeping with the narrative thrust of both this film and the first 'Thor' movie. Repetitious exposition scenes either removed, truncated or used at a point in the story where they actually make sense. Also two deleted scenes have been colour corrected and added back.

TM2YC:
    "I really enjoyed 'Thor - The Dark World' but instantly I could see the potential for a light fanedit. I couldn't see too many big creaking flaws but it was clear that the film had been heavily re-edited and re-shot in post-production leading to it feeling 'choppy' and disordered at times. This isn't a radical recut so if you hated the theatrical cut you'll hate this too (e.g. I've retained all the goofy humour because I loved it).

In some ways this is an 'anti-fanedit' of sorts, as often instead of re-arranging the scenes and footage in new creative ways, I've simply been putting things back in the order in which they were originally scripted (Or I imagined they had been).

Some sequences were impossible to restore to their original state in this way (And I wouldn't have wanted to anyway), so I also include an alternate cut of the first act, that I believe more closely recreates that 'workprint' version. This 30 minute cut includes an additional 3 more deleted scenes (With FX finished "to a point"), a radically different sequence of events and choice of scenes."

Inline Image
    Posted on 04-14-2014 02:25 PM  Number of Views: 126 
    1. Categories:
    2. Extended Edition

Inline Image
    Leeroy just released a new Extended Edition fanedit: Looper: Extended Cut
    This edit adds around 14 mins of the deleted / extended scenes that were available on the Blu-ray disc. Not all the footage has been added as they were either unfinished or didn't add anything to the film.
    Time Added: 14 minutes

Leeroy:
    "I've never done a extended fanedit and Looper was a film I very much enjoyed. Though I'd say the footage added doesn't change the story, it serves as an alternative experience for the viewer."

Posted on 04-07-2014 02:47 PM  Number of Views: 134 
    1. Categories:
    2. Firstling

Inline Image
    samspider3 presents his first fanedit, The Amazing Spider-Man: The Organic Eggs Edition by samspider3.
    This edit changes a bit the origin story and adds deleted scenes to improve characters relationships.

samspider3:
    "My intention in this fan edit was to change a little bit the origin story because I felt it was unresolved by Peter beginning to search for his Uncle's killer and then he drops the quest. There is no resolution on the character that makes you believe that he wanted to become a real hero after an hour. Instead, I wanted to make it seem like he was marked by his uncle's last words and that inspired him to become a hero. Also, I added the deleted scenes because I felt the edition in the original was kind of choppy. These scenes help character development in Dr. Connors, his relationship with Peter and it lets you to explore a new theme that it was never explored in the original."

Also watch the contrast correction:

Posted on 04-07-2014 02:36 PM  Number of Views: 142 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    Dr. Sapirstein just released a new fanedit:The Witches: The Roald Dahl Cut
    Presented in a remastered HD version and with a new DTS 5.1 audio mix, this new cut should please everyone who's ever enjoyed Roald Dahl's unique style, by making what is arguably the best film based on R. Dahl's work an even more faithful adaptation.

Dr. Sapirstein:
    ""The Witches: The Roald Dahl Cut" aims to bring the film closer to the wonderful book it was based on."

Inline Image

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Fanedit.org is not affiliated with Fanedit.info

Visitors to Fanedit.org are advised that all fanedits contained within the pages of the websites are believed to be fanedits and/or preservation projects of films from personal collections which fall under the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 107, which states: Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include— 1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes; 2. the nature of the copyrighted work; 3. the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and 4. the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work. Since fanedits contained here are mainly created out of criticisms, research, and are completely nonprofit, we here at Fanedit.org believe that they fall under the requirements of the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 107. However, no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information are made. Visitors are encouraged to review the official version of all documents upon which they plan to download as well as to make completely sure they own a legitimate, original copy of anything they may wish to download. The safest course is always to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. Fanedit.org cannot give this permission. Legal Disclaimer Regarding Links to Other Sites - Some of the linked sites are not under the control of Fanedit.org. Therefore, Fanedit.org makes no representations concerning their content, and are not responsible for their content. That Fanedit.org has provided a link to a site is not an endorsement, or an indication of affiliation with the owners or publishers of any fanedits and all related materials. There are risks in using any information, services or fanedits found on the Internet via any outside links; and Fanedit.org cautions you to make sure that you completely understand these risks before retrieving, using, relying upon, or downloading anything via the Internet. Legal Disclaimer Regarding Members, Fanedits and Links. Fanedit.org reserves the right to refuse services at any time. Notification that Information Provided by You is Public Information Any information provided by you to Fanedit.org, including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, download links, etc., etc., are considered non-confidential since it is a public website; moreover, such information is a public record subject to public inspection pursuant to law. Fanedit.org has no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and cannot be held responsible for the decisions nor the actions of any individuals of the entire Internet community at large. By downloading any fanedit, the downloader assumes all responsibilities thereof as well as all the consequences that may incur. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!