• Newest FanEdits

• Welcome to the World of FanEdits!

What are FanEdits, and why make them? FanEdits are an artform where someone takes a video source/sources and rearranges them with video editing software to create either a modified, or even radically new version of a movie.

To learn more about FanEditing read more.
  • Fanedit News

Posted on 09-22-2014 03:01 PM  Number of Views: 95 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    Menbailee just released his new fanedit Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 8
    The three movies featuring the Enterprise-E appear in the format they always deserved: as episodes in an 8th season of Star Trek: The Next Generation, as if it had aired on premium cable following the finale of Deep Space 9.
    Each episode lasts one hour. Tone and characterization attempts to hew more closely to the show, unnecessary subplots and characters have been dropped, and the franchise concludes on a significantly different note.

Menbailee:
    "I wanted to create a more satisfying conclusion for the Star Trek: TNG characters and franchise than the movies originally offered. The TNG movies (even First Contact) never felt so much like movies as glorified episodes, and for fans like myself, disappointing episodes at that. However, beneath the many frustrating elements, each movie contained enough solid material for an hour-long story. I tried to bring out that story and to give our central characters the justice they were due."

Enter the forum discussion.

Inline Image
    Posted on 09-22-2014 02:31 PM  Number of Views: 108 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    Jerick just released his second Matrix fanedit The Matrix Revolutions Decoded
    "The Matrix Revolutions Decoded" presents a complete and focused narrative executed in the same run time as the original "Matrix" while unveiling a brand new and more satisfying conclusion to the Matrix saga. Over 2 and a half hours have been removed from the original source material without logical gaps or jump cuts. Say goodbye to Link's family, farewell to Bane, c'est la vie to the new Oracle, adios to all the boring elements of Zion!

Jerick:
    "I'll always feel like the storyline of The Matrix sequels was poorly told, but I am convinced that these movies did in fact have a strong story hidden underneath. Themes of control, power, science, faith, purpose vs programming, man vs machine, choice vs causality all resonate strongly in sequels to "The Matrix" but are unfortunately lost among a sea of unnecessary sequences, silly movie twists, and psuedoscience."

Inline Image
    Posted on 09-15-2014 02:09 PM  Number of Views: 177 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    TM2YC just released his new fanedit The Brothers Grimm: The Fairytale Workprint
    Using all the available 'Deleted Material' and hints provided in Terry's Director's Commentary, TM2YC tries to bring this film a little closer to the longer, less mainstream and crazier cut that Terry originally might have wished to have seen the light of day.

TM2YC:
    "The available 'Deleted Material' was excellent but only available in a very poor and largely unfinished state. So as much as was possible, I've tried to finish VisFX, complete the Soundmix and Colour-Grade the footage to match the body of the movie. However, the scenes are still in a less than perfect state, which is why I call this... "The Fairytale Workprint""

Inline Image
    Posted on 09-15-2014 02:04 PM  Number of Views: 158 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    BionicBob just released his new "Cyborg" fanedit Cyborg 7: Death From Venus
    This is a fanedit of the TV series The Six Million Dollar man, "faster and more intense" as would say a well known bearded one.

BionicBob:
    "For Death From Venus, I wanted to create the episode I "remembered" rather than the episode that actually exists...LOL! I wanted something that moved at a faster, tension filled pace with a greater sense of jeopardy. So I removed all filler subplots and kept the focus on Steve battling the Venus Probe. Also, to up the threat level, this DEATH Probe actually will and does KILL.
    Bonus Feature:
    Revenge Of The Death Probe
    It's back!!! The Death Probe returns to wreak havoc and once again our weary bionic hero must give chase and stop the marauding machine!"

Inline Image
    Posted on 09-09-2014 03:37 PM  Number of Views: 354 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    ranger613 just released a new fanedit The Hobbit: Into the Fire
    This is a second version of ranger613's fanedit The Hobbit: Fire of the Dragon.
    No barrel gymnastics. No molten gold this time.

ranger613:
    ""Fire of the Dragon" is an earlier edit of this film, where I cut out all the extra made-up-for-the movie padding that stretched a perfectly good 2 hour movie into almost three.
    However, I strongly agree with a lot of the criticism of both the original film and my first cut, in that these things (1) were a little over-the-top at times, and (2) still never happened in the book. So I decided to go ahead and make further changes to produce a "purist cut" of the movie. Instead of just being a watered down version of "Dragon", I trimmed more, reordered certain scenes, and made a new opening for it, as well as a new title.
    "

Inline Image
    Posted on 09-08-2014 04:09 PM  Number of Views: 293 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    MusicEd921 just released his second Firefly fanedit Serenity Chronicles II: War Stories
    After the fanedit Serenity Chronicles I: Firefly, this second chapter in the Serenity Chronicles finds the Firefly crew harboring two Alliance fugitives and looking for any job they can find to keep their ship flying. The more time they spend hiding from the Alliance, the more Simon Tam fears for his sister River's mental stability as she begins to show signs of aggression that could endanger everyone on board.

MusicEd921:
    "For this entry, I wanted to combine one of the bigger storylines of the show that involved the ruthless Niska and also gave more insight into Mal and Zoe's experiences in the Battle of Serenity Valley. These episodes lead into the grand finale, Serenity the movie.
    It is difficult to do this kind of edit and not have it feel very episodic. This was certainly the trickiest of the trilogy, but I hope that you still enjoy the story I am hoping to tell with this trilogy.
    "

Inline Image
    Posted on 09-01-2014 03:25 AM  Number of Views: 382 
    1. Categories:
    2. Favorite Edit of the Month

Inline ImageRanger613 has won his second 'favorite edit of the month' in a row, this time for the month of July with his fanedit Blade Runner: Tears in the Rain. Big Congratulations, Ranger613, and thanks to all the faneditors who made an edit that month and to all the people who voted for this contest.

"Tears in the Rain" is a vastly different version of the film, which serves as an alternate look at Ridley Scott's masterpiece, not an extension of the original. It focuses more on the Replicants and their quest to meet their maker. Rick Deckard is presented as a competent determined hunter and killer (unlike the relatively insecure counterpart in the original), in many ways an antagonist-- this is a world where Replicants are outlawed and killed on identification. They attack only when cornered, but mean no harm to humans. Not unless they can help it... This film is presented in high contrast black and white to accentuate the noir feel of the original. Trimmed down and fast paced, I hope this edit will intrigue, excite and entice fans of the original and new viewers alike.

Ranger613:
    "Blade Runner is one of (if not) my favorite films. I created this edit to give myself and other fans a new way of experiencing the material. This is not an improvement over the original, nor a slightly different version like the "Director's" or "Workprint" edition to the "Final Cut". I wanted a reorganized, unique and novel way of watching this classic, and with this edit I think I have achieved that. I also wanted to see how the film would look in black and white, and feel the noir atmosphere really comes across well in black and white. I provided a sample clip below."

Preview: Join the forum discussion.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Fanedit.org is not affiliated with Fanedit.info

Visitors to Fanedit.org are advised that all fanedits contained within the pages of the websites are believed to be fanedits and/or preservation projects of films from personal collections which fall under the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 107, which states: Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include— 1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes; 2. the nature of the copyrighted work; 3. the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and 4. the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work. Since fanedits contained here are mainly created out of criticisms, research, and are completely nonprofit, we here at Fanedit.org believe that they fall under the requirements of the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 107. However, no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information are made. Visitors are encouraged to review the official version of all documents upon which they plan to download as well as to make completely sure they own a legitimate, original copy of anything they may wish to download. The safest course is always to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. Fanedit.org cannot give this permission. Legal Disclaimer Regarding Links to Other Sites - Some of the linked sites are not under the control of Fanedit.org. Therefore, Fanedit.org makes no representations concerning their content, and are not responsible for their content. That Fanedit.org has provided a link to a site is not an endorsement, or an indication of affiliation with the owners or publishers of any fanedits and all related materials. There are risks in using any information, services or fanedits found on the Internet via any outside links; and Fanedit.org cautions you to make sure that you completely understand these risks before retrieving, using, relying upon, or downloading anything via the Internet. Legal Disclaimer Regarding Members, Fanedits and Links. Fanedit.org reserves the right to refuse services at any time. Notification that Information Provided by You is Public Information Any information provided by you to Fanedit.org, including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, download links, etc., etc., are considered non-confidential since it is a public website; moreover, such information is a public record subject to public inspection pursuant to law. Fanedit.org has no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and cannot be held responsible for the decisions nor the actions of any individuals of the entire Internet community at large. By downloading any fanedit, the downloader assumes all responsibilities thereof as well as all the consequences that may incur. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!