• Newest FanEdits

• Welcome to the World of FanEdits!

What are FanEdits, and why make them? FanEdits are an artform where someone takes a video source/sources and rearranges them with video editing software to create either a modified, or even radically new version of a movie.

To learn more about FanEditing read more.
  • Fanedit News

Posted on 08-31-2014 10:36 PM  Number of Views: 31 
    1. Categories:
    2. Extended Edition

Inline Image
    TAKE ME TO YOUR CINEMA presents a simple fanedit of a crazy film., Hamlet 2: Mr. Marschz's Opus.

Those who can't... teach. Dana Marschz (Pronounced Marschz) can't act, so what else could he do to follow his dream but teach Highschool drama. When his world begins to fall apart he has no choice but to try to stage the most insane musical every conceived. A sequel to Shakespeare's 'Hamlet' with a little help from a time-machine plot device.

This is the extended edition. This Mr. Marschz's Opus.

TM2YC:
    "Although I'm not 100% sure if it's genius or madness, 'Hamlet 2' is fast becoming one of my favourite cult-comedies, so there isn't much that needed improving. I just wanted to see the deleted footage restored to it's proper place, add a missing sombre titlecard to the last act and to remove the few scenes that strayed away from following Steve Coogan's wonderfully unhinged performance as Dana Marschz."

Trailer (Features naughty language. You have been warned!)

Enter the forum discussion.

Posted on 08-31-2014 10:28 PM  Number of Views: 46 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    Spence presents his new fanedit, Frank Herbert's Dune - The Spence Edit.
    Intention: To create an exciting and complete feature film version of the Dune Miniseries that runs at under 3 hours.

Spence:
    "Over 1 1/2 hours removed. Every shot has been individually cropped to fit the 2:35:1 aspect ratio. Elements of the score have been changed, many subplots have been cut, many obnoxious colors have been desaturated."

Inline Image
    Posted on 08-25-2014 02:44 PM  Number of Views: 23 
    1. Categories:
    2. Reel News

Inline ImageToday we received an email from our host that we have been "abusing CPU resources for an extended period of time". When we moved hosts several years back our current provider met our needs. In those years the popularity of Fanedit.org has outgrown those needs.

Please bear with us over the next several days as we investigate how to move forward. We are trying to find how best to handle this without the cost jumping exponentially. Things may load slowly or generate errors. There is no cause for alarm and is an expected repercussion from our host throttling and cacheing our service to ensure the server doesn't crash.

We'll keep you updated as we move forward.

Feel free to discuss in this thread.

Posted on 08-24-2014 09:22 PM  Number of Views: 100 
    1. Categories:
    2. Firstling

Inline Image
    mikedrew87 presents his first fanedit, Never Sleep Again.
    This is a fanfix of the critically panned "A Nightmare on Elm Street" remake from 2010.

mikedrew87:
    "I tried to make this edit smoother and fresher than the remake. I also tried to cut out some of the characters and make the story flow better and be quicker to the point.Horror remakes are bad....I try to enjoy them, but can't force myself to. So I wanted to try and create something that people would enjoy more than the bad directing and writing of this remake."

Congratulations on releasing your first edit mikedrew87!

Posted on 08-24-2014 09:00 PM  Number of Views: 96 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    mikedrew87, wasting no time at all, presents his second fanedit, The Boogeyman.
    This edit offers a new vision of the 2007 'Holloween' remake.

mikedrew87:
    "I love the original 'Halloween', probably my favorite movie of all-time, but the remake was kind of a mess. So I wanted to try and make this an enjoyable and more fast paced film, but trying to keep the spirit of the original in mind.

I tried to hide the fact of how dangerous Myers is in the beginning. So by not showing the murders, it comes out as more of a mystery. It's more fast paced, without much dragging."

Inline Image
    Posted on 08-24-2014 08:07 PM  Number of Views: 151 
    1. Categories:
    2. Fanedit News

Inline Image
    Faneditor 'njvc' was this week's special guest on Star Wars comedy podcast, "This Isn't The Podcast You're Looking For", discussing his PULP EMPIRE fanedit, as well as many other edits featured on fanedit.org.

Edits discussed in the interview included: The Phantom Editor's prequels, Harmy's Despecialized Editions, Adywan's Revisited series, Red Letter Media's prequel reviews, War of the Stars I & II, Luke Skywalker Conquers the Galaxy, The Star Wars: The Lost Workprint, The Ridiculous Trilogy, L8wrtr's, Q2's & Hal9000's Prequel Trilogies, The Cutter's Episode 3, with special mention of Terminator 3: The Coming Storm, ARST ARSW (Star Wars sorted alphabetically), Pulp Fiction: The Chronological Edit, Chronological Back to the Future, and Back to the Future: The Reality Cut.

Meanwhile, over at Yahoo!, Faneditor 'Harmy' was interviewed about his Despecialized Editions of the Original Trilogy. Check out the amazing work by Harmy in creating the unaltered versions of Star Wars in the video below.

Posted on 08-17-2014 08:08 PM  Number of Views: 225 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    njvc presents his new fanedit, The Dark Knight Saga Recut - Part I.
    This series of edits intends to streamline Nolan's Batman films, keeping the tone consistent throughout and emphasizing the strongest elements of the series.

njvc:
    "Batman Begins is a great origin story, establishing the gritty and realistic tone that would come to define Nolan's trilogy. Unfortunately, the film is also weighed down by numerous issues, including clunky exposition, poor attempts at humour, distracting CGI effects, and an overly yellow colour grade in many scenes. This edit attempts to fix those issues, hopefully strengthening this already great film and allowing its stronger elements to shine through."

Inline Image

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Fanedit.org is not affiliated with Fanedit.info

Visitors to Fanedit.org are advised that all fanedits contained within the pages of the websites are believed to be fanedits and/or preservation projects of films from personal collections which fall under the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 107, which states: Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include— 1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes; 2. the nature of the copyrighted work; 3. the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and 4. the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work. Since fanedits contained here are mainly created out of criticisms, research, and are completely nonprofit, we here at Fanedit.org believe that they fall under the requirements of the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 107. However, no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information are made. Visitors are encouraged to review the official version of all documents upon which they plan to download as well as to make completely sure they own a legitimate, original copy of anything they may wish to download. The safest course is always to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. Fanedit.org cannot give this permission. Legal Disclaimer Regarding Links to Other Sites - Some of the linked sites are not under the control of Fanedit.org. Therefore, Fanedit.org makes no representations concerning their content, and are not responsible for their content. That Fanedit.org has provided a link to a site is not an endorsement, or an indication of affiliation with the owners or publishers of any fanedits and all related materials. There are risks in using any information, services or fanedits found on the Internet via any outside links; and Fanedit.org cautions you to make sure that you completely understand these risks before retrieving, using, relying upon, or downloading anything via the Internet. Legal Disclaimer Regarding Members, Fanedits and Links. Fanedit.org reserves the right to refuse services at any time. Notification that Information Provided by You is Public Information Any information provided by you to Fanedit.org, including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, download links, etc., etc., are considered non-confidential since it is a public website; moreover, such information is a public record subject to public inspection pursuant to law. Fanedit.org has no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and cannot be held responsible for the decisions nor the actions of any individuals of the entire Internet community at large. By downloading any fanedit, the downloader assumes all responsibilities thereof as well as all the consequences that may incur. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!