• Newest FanEdits

• Welcome to the World of FanEdits!

What are FanEdits, and why make them? FanEdits are an artform where someone takes a video source/sources and rearranges them with video editing software to create either a modified, or even radically new version of a movie.

To learn more about FanEditing read more.
  • Fanedit News

Posted on 11-21-2014 07:32 AM  Number of Views: 25 
    1. Categories:
    2. Trailers

Coming soon: In The Mouth Of Event Horizon by Rollwave
    This fanmix combines two horror films that are connected through their central character played by Sam Neill and common elements of insanity and inner demons that come to life. Viewers will follow the main storyline of "In the Mouth of Madness", but as the hero begins to lose his mind, he will drift uncontrollably into the world of "Event Horizon".

Jump to the forum "In the works" thread.

Posted on 11-11-2014 03:46 AM  Number of Views: 105 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    MarkMoore just released a new fanedit Silk Spectre
    This is a fanedit of Watchmen following the character of Laurie and touches upon the other characters only insofar as they affect her.

MarkMoore:
    "I wanted to create an edit about Laurie."

Enter the forum discussion.

Inline Image
    Posted on 11-11-2014 03:43 AM  Number of Views: 85 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit,
    3. Preserv News

Inline Image
    TM2YC just released a new preservation fanedit: Drive: Radio 1 Rescores
    On 30th October 2014 BBC3 screened a new version of Nicholas Winding Refn's 2011 film 'Drive' with an all-new score of original music. It was curated by Radio 1 DJ Zane Lowe with the full co-operation of the Director. TM2YC made a preservation fanedit of this alternate 'Drive' soundtrack, as it was only available to stream for one-week-only and then only for UK viewers.
    Zane Lowe has insisted that it's not meant to be an improvement on the original, only an alternate take while Refn has stated "You can't own creativity. Rather than say 'Drive' is mine, I'd prefer to say it's everyone else's".

TM2YC:
    "I've aslo taken the opportunity to match the audio to a better image from the official Blu-Ray."

Follow the Forum Discussion.

Inline Image
    Posted on 11-09-2014 04:01 AM  Number of Views: 163 
    1. Categories:
    2. Favorite Edit of the Month

Inline ImageRanger613 won the favorite edit of the month of September with his fanedit The Hobbit: Into the Fire
    This is the "version 2" of his firs fanedit The Hobbit Fire of the Dragon, that also wn the favorite edit of the month in June.
    Congratulations, Ranger613 And thanks to all the faneditors who made an edit that month and to all the people who voted for this contest.

This is as close as Desolation comes to being a 'book' cut of Tolkien's the Hobbit.

Ranger613:
    "This cut has none of the zany dwarven antics of previous cuts and is strongly faithful to the novel (if you overlook Legolas, and Bard being a bargeman). It is different enough from previous versions that I felt comfortable giving it its own release-- 'Dragon' is 120 min (41 min cut) , Into the Fire is 98 min (63 min cut). This is a version I hope fans of the novel will enjoy, and is in many ways a better movie than "Dragon", narrative-wise."

Join the forum discussion

Posted on 11-03-2014 01:01 PM  Number of Views: 177 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    JetSetWilly just released a new fanedit Lifeforce: The Web Of Destiny
    This edit removes many silly lines of dialogue, tightens the pace and (hopefully) makes the film better.

JetSetWilly:
    "I'm an avid fan of Lifeforce. But, as the years went on, I could see things that bothered me. Don't get me wrong, I still love the film but wanted to have a go at making the film more serious in tone."

Inline Image
    Posted on 11-03-2014 12:58 PM  Number of Views: 267 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    Avid 4D just released a new fanedit Contact: Special Edition
    This version of Contact is not meant to replace the original. It is slightly shorter than the theatrical release and differs in that instead of two attempts to use "the machine", in this Special Edition there are three attempts.

Avid 4D:
    "I really enjoy the theatrical version of Contact every time I watch it. I have listened to a lot of feedback however, that it is too slow paced, and the end was unsatisfying. Personally, I do not agree, but have come up with an idea to make a slightly different version of how the events play out in Contact."

Inline Image
    Posted on 11-03-2014 12:56 PM  Number of Views: 168 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    Aztek463 just released a new fanedit 300: Earth and Water
    This is a fanedit of 300 and 300 Rise of a Empire, mixed together. 72 minutes are cut.

Aztek463:
    "As soon as '300: Rise of an Empire' was announced to take place before, during, and after the original 300, a fanedit was inevitable. Combining the two films was like putting together a big puzzle that was covered in blood and sweat. The end result is, I feel, a war epic that revels in absurd action and doesn't forget to have fun."

Inline Image

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Fanedit.org is not affiliated with Fanedit.info

Visitors to Fanedit.org are advised that all fanedits contained within the pages of the websites are believed to be fanedits and/or preservation projects of films from personal collections which fall under the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 107, which states: Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include— 1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes; 2. the nature of the copyrighted work; 3. the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and 4. the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work. Since fanedits contained here are mainly created out of criticisms, research, and are completely nonprofit, we here at Fanedit.org believe that they fall under the requirements of the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 107. However, no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information are made. Visitors are encouraged to review the official version of all documents upon which they plan to download as well as to make completely sure they own a legitimate, original copy of anything they may wish to download. The safest course is always to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. Fanedit.org cannot give this permission. Legal Disclaimer Regarding Links to Other Sites - Some of the linked sites are not under the control of Fanedit.org. Therefore, Fanedit.org makes no representations concerning their content, and are not responsible for their content. That Fanedit.org has provided a link to a site is not an endorsement, or an indication of affiliation with the owners or publishers of any fanedits and all related materials. There are risks in using any information, services or fanedits found on the Internet via any outside links; and Fanedit.org cautions you to make sure that you completely understand these risks before retrieving, using, relying upon, or downloading anything via the Internet. Legal Disclaimer Regarding Members, Fanedits and Links. Fanedit.org reserves the right to refuse services at any time. Notification that Information Provided by You is Public Information Any information provided by you to Fanedit.org, including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, download links, etc., etc., are considered non-confidential since it is a public website; moreover, such information is a public record subject to public inspection pursuant to law. Fanedit.org has no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and cannot be held responsible for the decisions nor the actions of any individuals of the entire Internet community at large. By downloading any fanedit, the downloader assumes all responsibilities thereof as well as all the consequences that may incur. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!