• Newest FanEdits

• Welcome to the World of FanEdits!

What are FanEdits, and why make them? FanEdits are an artform where someone takes a video source/sources and rearranges them with video editing software to create either a modified, or even radically new version of a movie.

To learn more about FanEditing read more.
  • Fanedit News

Posted on 10-20-2014 02:07 PM  Number of Views: 17 
    1. Categories:
    2. Firstling

Inline Image
    JobWillins presents his first fanedit, Lost: The Crash.
    This is the first season of the TV series LOST presened as a 3 hour movie.

JobWillins:
    "As an editing exercise, I condensed the primary storylines of Lost Season 1 into a 3 hour (ish) film. With the exception of one major flashback that was moved into my Season 2 cut, the goal was to include enough information for all subsequent seasons to make sense for someone who hadn’t seen the show.
    I didn’t feel like Lost needed to be fixed, but as a challenge, I wanted to see if I could condense and reconstruct the original 18 hours of the show and make an enjoyable, alternative experience."

Congratulations on releasing your first edit JobWillins!

Enter the forum discussion.
    Posted on 10-20-2014 02:03 PM  Number of Views: 15 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image
    samspider3 just released a new fanedit The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Sparkles Edition
    This is The Amazing Spiderman 2 without some slow moment and silliness but with some added deleted scenes.

samspider3:
    "So I made this Fan Edit because I actually felt that TASM2 had some good moments, but unfortunately the story is kind of slow in some scenes, had some silly moments and it needed some deleted scenes added.
    I Cut 17 minutes so the story could advance a little bit faster and restored 5 minutes of deleted scenes. One of them is not necessarily important, but helped to make a better transition in my Fanedit."

Inline Image
    Posted on 10-20-2014 01:58 PM  Number of Views: 10 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image

Mikedrew87 just released a new fanedit Godzilla: Path of Destruction
    This is Godzilla (2014) with a faster pace, more action oriented. Focusing on the monsters.

Mikedrew87:
    "I just tried to speed up the pace of this movie and make it more fun and enjoyable without yawning. I was kinda like "Eh?" when I saw the theatrical version, not really blown away like I should have been. So making the movie more fast paced with more of the action is what I was aiming for."

Inline Image
    Posted on 10-14-2014 02:17 PM  Number of Views: 76 
    1. Categories:
    2. Video

Ken Poirier will release 3 fanedited episodes of Final Fantasy X every two month, rendered with a technique that he called the Ralpherization. In homage to Ralph Bakshi, the creator of The 1978's Lord of the Ring movie.
    He wants to share with you an episode per week before the "official" release of the 3 episodes at IFDB that would happen the following month.

Ken: "I'm using Episode #3 as the pilot because I think it is more representative of a regular episode. Enjoy!"

For all things related to this fanedit you can jump to the forum discussion.

Posted on 10-14-2014 01:59 PM  Number of Views: 69 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Imageranger613 just released a new fanedit:Godzilla Rises
    A leaner, meaner and more realistic cut (of Godzilla, 2014) which retains the nihilistic mood and tone of the theatrical cut and minimizes the poor characterization and excess 'emotional' moments resulting in a far darker and better Monster movie... The stars of this version are not the humans, but the monsters.

ranger613:
    "I put together a faster paced cut which focuses on the core of the story-- much more emphasis on Dr Serizawa and the military team (relevant to the situation) than on Brody's family (all irrelevant in the big picture) and their attempts to stop the monsters. The dark mood and foreboding tone of the original is retained. If you enjoyed the theatrical cut, I agree that I'm cutting out and losing the (arguably) "emotional" moments of the film (family, power plant, etc) but its only to get a better Monster movie, which is what it is in the end."

Inline Image
    Posted on 10-09-2014 02:53 PM  Number of Views: 121 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image MusicEd921 just released a new fanedit:Serenity Chronicles III: Revelations
    This is the most complete version of the film Serenity. All deleted scenes have been added back in and whenever possible, they have been scored with music from the score composed by David Newman.

MusicEd921:
    "In order to create a more complete ending to the story I was trying to tell in my Serenity Chronicles trilogy I wanted to add back in all of the deleted scenes that could be used. Now you feel more of a finality to Mal and Inara's story and the final exchange between Mal and The Operative brings the story full circle as The Operative now understands how far Mal has come since the ending of the war."

Inline Image
    Posted on 10-09-2014 02:47 PM  Number of Views: 101 
    1. Categories:
    2. New True Fanedit

Inline Image Adabisi just released a new fanedit:The Beast In Me
    n the late 1990s, when David Chase was shopping around his script for The Sopranos, he was convinced that, even if he got a pilot made, no one would ever pick it up. In fact, he was hoping that this would happen because it would give him the push to be able to turn The Sopranos into a feature film that he’d always dreamed of making. Fortunately for us, this didn't happen. But what if The Sopranos wasn't picked up? What would Chase's film look like?

Adabisi:
    "Intention: to create a movie out of the first season of The Sopranos that best approximates the feature film that David Chase may have made. This edit focuses on Tony Soprano and his relationship with his mother, uncle and psychiatrist and how these relationships set in motion a series of events that drive the plot of the movie. Gone are all sub-plots and diversions that were created in order to fill the 13 episode run of the first season."

Inline Image

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Fanedit.org is not affiliated with Fanedit.info

Visitors to Fanedit.org are advised that all fanedits contained within the pages of the websites are believed to be fanedits and/or preservation projects of films from personal collections which fall under the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 107, which states: Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include— 1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes; 2. the nature of the copyrighted work; 3. the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and 4. the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work. Since fanedits contained here are mainly created out of criticisms, research, and are completely nonprofit, we here at Fanedit.org believe that they fall under the requirements of the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 107. However, no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information are made. Visitors are encouraged to review the official version of all documents upon which they plan to download as well as to make completely sure they own a legitimate, original copy of anything they may wish to download. The safest course is always to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. Fanedit.org cannot give this permission. Legal Disclaimer Regarding Links to Other Sites - Some of the linked sites are not under the control of Fanedit.org. Therefore, Fanedit.org makes no representations concerning their content, and are not responsible for their content. That Fanedit.org has provided a link to a site is not an endorsement, or an indication of affiliation with the owners or publishers of any fanedits and all related materials. There are risks in using any information, services or fanedits found on the Internet via any outside links; and Fanedit.org cautions you to make sure that you completely understand these risks before retrieving, using, relying upon, or downloading anything via the Internet. Legal Disclaimer Regarding Members, Fanedits and Links. Fanedit.org reserves the right to refuse services at any time. Notification that Information Provided by You is Public Information Any information provided by you to Fanedit.org, including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, download links, etc., etc., are considered non-confidential since it is a public website; moreover, such information is a public record subject to public inspection pursuant to law. Fanedit.org has no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and cannot be held responsible for the decisions nor the actions of any individuals of the entire Internet community at large. By downloading any fanedit, the downloader assumes all responsibilities thereof as well as all the consequences that may incur. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!