Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    News Credit
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Hey Tranzor, which trial version are you futzing around with, RX2 or RX2 advanced?

News Credit
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by L8wrtr View Post
    Hey Tranzor, which trial version are you futzing around with, RX2 or RX2 advanced?
    the Rx 2 2.02 advanced since that was the download page on Izotope I got it from

check this:
    http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/rx/download.asp
    Last edited by tranzor; 06-13-2012 at 01:18 AM.
    STILL AVAILABLE- only 2 left Fanedit.org skateboards
    for skating or decoratvie purposes- shoot me a PM
    probably never coming soon:
    Taxi Driver in a Damaged Brain, EL Topo: ripping the guts out and
    Escape from Doomsday: 2019

News Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Total noob question alert!

I have a question about when separating the channels. Are you still supposed to be able to hear what's going on in the background even though the channels were split? Even faintly? For example, I'm trying to grab the music from Nightmare 4 when Alice is preparing for her battle against Freddy. The background music is intertwined with Alice knocking items off of her dresser - which are heard being pushed and then hitting the floor, and other various sounds from her getting ready. When I split the channels I went through and listened to each one. Most of them seemed to be missing the dialogue, but those background noises still can be heard but even faintly. Is that normal or is it because this is an older film? I was hoping that once I split the channels the music wouldn't be muffled by the noises. I used DVD Audio Extractor for separating this audio and splitting the channels.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thatwitch View Post
    Total noob question alert!

I have a question about when separating the channels. Are you still supposed to be able to hear what's going on in the background even though the channels were split? Even faintly? For example, I'm trying to grab the music from Nightmare 4 when Alice is preparing for her battle against Freddy. The background music is intertwined with Alice knocking items off of her dresser - which are heard being pushed and then hitting the floor, and other various sounds from her getting ready. When I split the channels I went through and listened to each one. Most of them seemed to be missing the dialogue, but those background noises still can be heard but even faintly. Is that normal or is it because this is an older film? I was hoping that once I split the channels the music wouldn't be muffled by the noises. I used DVD Audio Extractor for separating this audio and splitting the channels.
    Welcome to the world of 5.1 headaches. That is normal. You will have certain audio (whatever it may be) on all channels.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tranzor View Post
    Welcome to the world of 5.1 headaches. That is normal. You will have certain audio (whatever it may be) on all channels.
    So there is no true all music piece without the effects found within the channels? That's a complete bummer. I thought for sure I'd finally have an uninterrupted piece of music.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

It depends on the movie and in many cases which part of the movie. If you don't have the clean audio you need, you will have to enter the maddening world of total soundtrack replacement.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TV's Frink View Post
    It depends on the movie and in many cases which part of the movie. If you don't have the clean audio you need, you will have to enter the at times maddening, at other times exhilarating world of total soundtrack replacement.
    Fixed. IMO.
    RX-FE TRAILERS:

Spoiler:
    Code:
    THE PHANTOM MENACE S8 CUT: 
    ATTACK OF THE CLONES S8 CUT: 
    REVENGE OF THE SITH S8 CUT: 
    PROMETHEUS S8 CUT: 
    SUPER 8 S8 CUT: 
    ALIEN S8 CUT: 
    ALIEN S8 CUT BONUS TRAILERS: 
    APOLLO 13 S8 CUT: 
    DREDD DIGEST EDITION: 
    PUBLIC ENEMY: 
    300 SILENT CUT: 
    300 SILENT CUT TRAILER 2: 
    SGT. JOHN: 
    SGT. JOHN TRAILER 2: 
    SGT. JOHN TRAILER 3: 
    ROGUE PLANET: 
    PLANET OF THE VAMPIRES: 
    ZOMBIES OF THE STRATOSHPERE: 

News Credit
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

News Credit
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thatwitch View Post
    So there is no true all music piece without the effects found within the channels? That's a complete bummer. I thought for sure I'd finally have an uninterrupted piece of music.
    Quote Originally Posted by TV's Frink View Post
    It depends on the movie and in many cases which part of the movie. If you don't have the clean audio you need, you will have to enter the maddening world of total soundtrack replacement.
    as mentioned by Frink, it really all depends on the studio and film and how the sound was mixed for their 5.1 track. Used to be a website up that had listings of 5.1 channel mixes (mostly dvd related since bluray did not exist yet) that had music only (or like 99% only) on certain channels

News Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tranzor View Post
    as mentioned by Frink, it really all depends on the studio and film and how the sound was mixed for their 5.1 track. Used to be a website up that had listings of 5.1 channel mixes (mostly dvd related since bluray did not exist yet) that had music only (or like 99% only) on certain channels
    That site sounds like it might be useful. Any idea what the link is? Even if the site is gone I may still be able to pull it up through the archive website.

Well, stream 5 seemed to have the best mix of the song. I can still hear a little bit of background noise going on but it's not as loud as it is while watching the movie. I appreciate everyone's help. I had no idea I could do this! I always wondered how everyone was able to do these fanedits without interfering sounds and such.