Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    News Credit
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Re: Spider-Man 4 - Will it suck?

What I find amusing is Sony insisting they base these movies more on "Ultimate Spider-Man", which itself isnt the grittiest Spider-Man title of them, in fact, it's becoming more and more like a teenage Archie with a Harem Comedy concept

News Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I haven't been paying attention...
    I just don't get the "Ultimate" aspect.
    Is it not part of canon or something like that? Or is it part of the regular continuity

News Credit
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I just don't think that another background story will be any good. Unless this is to be a sequel to 3, in which case it will suck enormously. BTW - 3 sucks and was the worst.
    "I'm super....dooper serial."

Fanedits: Independence Day Redeclared | Samantha Darko | Accountability | Godzilla: Zilla
    Preservations: A Fistful of Fingers

News Credit
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Raimi firmly established himself in the "Hollywood big time" with Spider-Man 1, then Spider-Man 2 made him the man with the midas touch.

I enjoyed these first two installments very much, even with some reservations about the casting of the doe eyed Maguire. I really looked forward to 3 and what a pile of shite that was.... I have a feeling it was a case of self-sabotage on the part of Raimi as so many elements of Spider-Man 3 were so plainly wrong.

As for the fourth, I have seen Maguire interviewed and he talks about preproduction and a shooting schedule for 2010 and release in summer 2011. Raimi has got his wish and is released from the Spider-Man franchise unless Columbia try and buy him back, that is.

I have no idea what to expect after the debacle that was Spider-Man 3 but it seems that with The Dark Knight, a gritty realism is desired by the audience when it comes to comic book adaptations.
    Species X
    Event Horizon: Slashed aka Killer Horizon
    Red Sun: Leone-ised
    Land Of The Dead: Unrated FanCut
    The Bourne Redemption
    D-DAY - The Beginning Of The End
    V For Vendetta: The FanEdit

News Credit
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mollo
    ... but it seems that with The Dark Knight, a gritty realism is desired by the audience when it comes to comic book adaptations.
    Agree, more realism is a good way to introduce the world of superheroes to people who, like me, are not in love with this kind of characters.
    But I think it worked very well with Batman because the character itself is not really a superhero.
    Same goes with Iron Man (a movie not very grounded in realism though!): those two characters don't have superpowers, but they built them, and make them true to achieve their goal.
    I think THAT's why Batman and Iron Man worked so well. Their stories are grounded in a kind of realism from the start.
    Superheroes who get their powers by luck, or coincidences and have issues to use them are not that interesting, to me at least. (I like Spidey 1 - 2 and Superman 1- 2, though.)

Spidey reboot, as a teen? count me out.
    "Always in motion is the future"
    My BLog - Q&A with TMBTM (from 2012) - All my fanedits at IFDB

News Credit
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Any chance that we can finally give the Green Gobin some movie justice, Im all for.

More

or better yet

News Credit
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I was more hoping that they would continue with the established movies and continue with that story. When I first heard about the reboot, I thought it would suck and thought the idea of a reboot was lame. I was asking why the hell they reboot when they have such a billion dollar franchise already established.
    T-HOPE Ultimate Terminator Fanedit serie:
    - Terminator 3
    - Terminator 2 3D
    - Terminator 2: Live / 5D
    - Terminator Salvation
    --- Currently on fanedit hiatus ---
    Planned:
    * The Terminator Bonus disc(s)
    * Terminator 2 Bonus discs
    * The Terminator: Dawn Of Fate

News Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobgarcia74
    Any chance that we can finally give the Green Gobin some movie justice, Im all for.
    I couldn't stand GG in SM1.
    I didn't like the casting and hated the costume even more.
    I also read somewhere that Marvel will start moving away from dark and gritty superhero movies

News Credit
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well its not a Marvel movie, its a Sony movie and they seem to want to make another Twilight out of the Spider-Man franchise which is just sad . As for Green Goblin, as much as I like Gobby, I think we've had enough of the Goblins for the time being. Some Lizard, Rhino, Shocker, and Kraven would be highly welcomed by me.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Jeez, I could do without any Goblin stuff for the next few movies. Plenty of other villains to choose from.
    Currently available as MP4: (PM Me)
    Daredevil:The Man Without Fear
    Transformers
    Marvel 24 Ep2 Batman: Under the Red Hood