Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hobbit

News Credit
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Man, Sean O'Neal of the AV Club is hilarious:

When Peter Jackson said that he was bringing every possible actor he could find from the Lord Of The Rings trilogy into The Hobbit out of some deep-seated fear that without their comforting presence, audiences would somehow dismiss it, thereby sending him into a shame spiral of binge eating that would cause him to regain all the weight he’s lost—actually, wait, Peter Jackson didn’t say this. These were our own cynical conclusions, based entirely on the fact that The Hobbit is increasingly turning into some sort of Middle Earth high school reunion. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, of course; some bleed-over is to be expected, even if some of Jackson’s efforts to ensure the films link up lately feel strangely compulsive.

Anyway, the newest LOTR actor confirmed to return is Ian Holm, who will reprise his role as the elder Bilbo Baggins, despite the fact that The Hobbit already has a Bilbo Baggins—namely Martin Freeman, who seems increasingly lucky to be getting any screen time at all.
    Essays and Stories:
    Fan Editing: An Emerging Digital Art Form - a brief history of fan edits and this site.
    The Two Sides of Every Movie - what makes a movie worth fan editing? My modest musings...
    Gaith Goes to Skywalker Ranch, Annoys George and Gabs with Big Jim - a fun little tale.
    Gaith's Fan Edit Shorts - some of the most awesome short-form fan edits of all time

News Credit
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

kitano takeshi
    or park chanwook/bak chanuk
    or the guy who directed Bad Santa
    or sacha baron cohen.

none of these guys would be allowed anywhere near The Hobbit, but the results would be funktacular.

edit: the Bad Santa director has experience working with little people.
    Last edited by ssj; 06-05-2011 at 03:23 AM.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Evangeline lilly as an Elf.

That makes sens...
    "Always in motion is the future"
    My BLog - Q&A with TMBTM (from 2012) - All my fanedits at IFDB

News Credit
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I demand this timeless classic to be included in the soundtrack. Or at least a cameo by Nimoy.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Well, yeah, exept Evangeline lilly as an Elf is not a wishfull thinking of mine, it's official

News Credit
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Regardless of Evangeline Lilly's current Elfic status or lack thereof, I still demand the above.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMBTM View Post
    Evangeline lilly as an Elf.

That makes sens...
    oh boy do i wish that was just a fanwish...
    Things I'd kill for:
    1. Saw footage without blur filters
    2. Shared Dark Tower movie universe

News Credit
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

And there's me thinking that it didn't get any better than Elfin Liv Tyler, oh how wrong I was.
    'Today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves'

Bill

Guybrush: Im looking for 30 dead guys and one woman.
    Cannibal: I dont want to hear anymore about it.

Ahhh The Cuttlefish & Asparagus or The Vanilla Paste?
    -Chinese guy

News Credit
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nOmArch View Post
    And there's me thinking that it didn't get any better than Elfin Liv Tyler, oh how wrong I was.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. It all could be let down by a poor English accent though......unless PJ goes for American elves????

And Dame Edna is in as well.....
    "I'm super....dooper serial."

Fanedits: Independence Day Redeclared | Samantha Darko | Accountability | Godzilla: Zilla
    Preservations: A Fistful of Fingers

News Credit
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Miss Lilly is also good at speaking different languages, I think I heard her speaking pretty good french.
    Could help speaking elvish.