Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    News Credit
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

But where's Mirror Clark's goatee?
    Essays and Stories:
    Fan Editing: An Emerging Digital Art Form - a brief history of fan edits and this site.
    The Two Sides of Every Movie - what makes a movie worth fan editing? My modest musings...
    Gaith Goes to Skywalker Ranch, Annoys George and Gabs with Big Jim - a fun little tale.
    Gaith's Fan Edit Shorts - some of the most awesome short-form fan edits of all time

News Credit
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaith View Post
    But where's Mirror Clark's goatee?
    HA! That would be too funny!

Actually, I think I prefer the Smallville's version of Earth 2
    to DC Comics/Grant Morrison reimagined version.
    Ultra-Man (heck, most of the Crime Syndicate actually....) never made any sense to me in the DC Multiverse.
    He was an astronaut or something exposed to something, thus becoming Superman's evil opposite?

Here, it is nice, simple and straightforward.
    Clark is found by the Luthors instead of the Kents,
    and is thus corrupted into becoming Ultra-Man.

Works for me.
    "... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

wow. that's epic.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Great Krypton! What an awesome mid-season show stopper!
    Last new episode until January 28, 2011!

Goodbye Carter Hall, until your next reincarnation!

and a cliffhanger to boot. And if you squint, you can see Impulse,Cyborg, Zantanna, Aquaman and Martain Manhunter in the funeral background....

Last edited by bionicbob; 12-11-2010 at 03:41 PM.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I must confess I've found myself a little underwhelmed with this season so far. Season 9 worked so well for me was because of the future apocalypse scenes at the start as they gave the season a continues sense of foreboding.

I think the problem with season 10 is that the villian is an abstract. Clark isn't fighting a villian personifying evil he's fighting evil itself, which I think has robbed the show of some of it's focus.

Still, here's hoping the 2nd half of the season picks up.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FatherMerrin View Post
    I must confess I've found myself a little underwhelmed with this season so far. Season 9 worked so well for me was because of the future apocalypse scenes at the start as they gave the season a continues sense of foreboding.

I think the problem with season 10 is that the villian is an abstract. Clark isn't fighting a villian personifying evil he's fighting evil itself, which I think has robbed the show of some of it's focus.

Still, here's hoping the 2nd half of the season picks up.
    Those are valid points.
    Though in some ways I like the fact the Big Bad is still "abstract".
    I found one of the problems with season 8 and 9, is they do alot of "filler" episodes with the villians,
    because they are saving the real good stuff until the last episodes.
    I get the feeling season 10 is more about mythology building and getting Clark in the Suit by the final episode,
    than about the actual villian.

Speaking of villians, will Michael Rosenbaum return as Lex Luther for the finale????
    Michael has stated in the past he would only return on two conditions,
    one it would be only for the Final
    and two, he did not want to shave his head bald again.
    Well, so far the Lex clone storyline has major part of the season 10 arc
    and the last surviving Lex clone has hair,
    so maybe Lex will return...????

News Credit
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

That's a good point regarding the filler episodes, they do stand out like a sore thumb and can ruin the flow of a series.

Though I did like that Witch episode in Season 9 where the 4 of them accidently meet at a romantic holiday inn. The bit where Lois and Chloe were talking about relantionships outside the Inn whilst Clark & Oliver were inside hardly saying a word cracked me up.

But it's true there's been hardly any filler in Season 10. I think they've done a smart thing of replacing the filler episodes with Clark & Lois romance episodes. Which is better because it keeps the flow of the season and does feed into the overal plot and mytholog.

Can't Michael Rosenbaum just wear a bald cap if he's that agaisn't it? Hopefully he'll turn up, it'll round up the whole show very nicely I think. I've just got fingers crossed for Tom Welling for the new movie.
    Last edited by FatherMerrin; 12-14-2010 at 10:04 AM.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I've had a tough time getting into Smallville -- I was always more of a Batman guy -- so I probably wouldn't have gotten to see these clips without your thread, Bob. Thanks for these. I've always thought Hawkman was cool, and I've become a big Michael Shanks fan due to Stargate. He really seems to be cornering the market on science-fiction-influenced-with-vague-Egyptian-ties guys who keep dying and coming back to life!
    Criticism is good. Suggestions are better.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Though I did like that Witch episode in Season 9 where the 4 of them accidently meet at a romantic holiday inn. The bit where Lois and Chloe were talking about relantionships outside the Inn whilst Clark & Oliver were inside hardly saying a word cracked me up.
    That was a nice episode, and I actually consider it a Mythology episode because it introduced The Silver Banshee to Smallville.

But it's true there's been hardly any filler in Season 10. I think they've done a smart thing of replacing the filler episodes with Clark & Lois romance episodes. Which is better because it keeps the flow of the season and does feed into the overal plot and mytholog.
    I agree, season 10 is by far the best written, most tightly constructed season of the entire series. Only 11 episodes left, I hope the second half remains as strong.

Can't Michael Rosenbaum just wear a bald cap if he's that agaisn't it? Hopefully he'll turn up, it'll round up the whole show very nicely I think. I've just got fingers crossed for Tom Welling for the new movie.
    I don't see why not and it's not like he has been doing alot since departing Smallville. The way they have been promoting the Lex storyline, I would be sorely disappointed if Michael Rosenbaum didn't come back. As for Tom Welling in the new Superman movie, while it would be nice, I am highly doubtful that it will happen. I think Nolan and Snyder want to take the franchise in a new direction.
    What I think would be cool, since season 10 has been such a huge hit for the CW, that if they brought Welling and the crew back for a couple of Superman TV movies. But in reality, I doubt that would ever happen.

I've had a tough time getting into Smallville
    Completely understandable. It is a tough show to love sometimes, it has been a rollercoaster of highs and lows over the past 10 seasons, some brilliantly written episodes, some absolutely horrible ones. I have nearly quit the series several times over it's run, but for some reason I remain loyal, and these last 3 seasons have been a great reward.
    One thing I hear over and over again from people who dislike the show, is that how different it is from the comic book mythos.
    And it is true. If you come in expecting a perfect translation from the comic to the tv screen, you will not be happy.
    I tell hard core comic lovers to view it as NOT the prime DC universe, but an alternate Earth where Superman's origins unfolded very differently. I think the key difference in Smallville from the comics is in this universe instead of Clark being the world's greatest who inspires all other heroes, he is learning what it means to become a hero from other established heroes, and it is this learning that will make him the world's greatest hero.

so I probably wouldn't have gotten to see these clips without your thread, Bob. Thanks for these.
    Your welcome. I will keep them coming until the series wraps.
    Then who knows, maybe I will attempt my long dreamed of Smallville edits

News Credit
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Just came across this....
    A clever homemade promo for the second half of season 10.
    Mixes lots of different aspect ratios, but otherwise really well executed.... enjoy!

...and here's the official CW promo...

Last edited by bionicbob; 12-14-2010 at 09:53 PM.