Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    News Credit
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I admit I was scared off from seeing Green Lantern by the critics, but I do look forward to seeing a Green Lantern edit that lives up to one critic who said it was "Iron Man meets Star Wars." One thing that I do wonder about is whether or not to keep in the line "you have to be chosen" when Hal faces Hector. I bring this up because someone made a good point that it doesn't mater if you're a smart guy (Hector) because the douchebag jock is going to get picked over you (Hal). Though, that was one critic, I think it's a good point.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Being smart isn't all there is. Otherwise there would be even smarter people to seek out before Hector. It sounds like that critic just has a personal bias when it comes to nerds v jocks.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

From his works I've seen, I can more or less confirm that. Besides, if the Emerald Knights dvd is anything to go by, lanterns are chosen by their ability to overcome fear and the content of their character. Since I havn't seen the movie, I don't know if Hector lacks these qualities, but I'm not sure if the movie was going for an anti-intellectual route so much as to be a lantern you have to have good character. Or I might just be overthinking this too much and should just see the damn movie and make my own judgement.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Alright, somebody needs to make a fan edit of this film. Just, I guess try and make it closer to the comics while improving the film, if that's possible. Maybe take out, as funny as it may be, Ryan Reynolds playing Ryan Reynolds, and focus more on him being Hal Jordan. I'd do it myself but I haven't got the time nor resources to do it properly. Cheers.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I made a Green lantern edit ill see if i can find it,if i can ill upload it and summit it for approval.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds great, though I have to wonder if you took any of the advice about the pacing of the film given: starting the film with Hal speeding, moving Tomar-Re's voice over to when Hal is on Oa, etc. If so, brilliant, and I look forward to seeing it.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PirateofRohan View Post
    Sounds great, though I have to wonder if you took any of the advice about the pacing of the film given: starting the film with Hal speeding, moving Tomar-Re's voice over to when Hal is on Oa, etc. If so, brilliant, and I look forward to seeing it.
    Pirate, here is the thread that jamesianozi made for his edit of Green Lantern back in October:

http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showth...-Green-Lantern
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Right, thankyou.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Antman, it seems the hardest obstacle to overcome for an HD edit is getting the right hardware.
    because Gemini and Throwgn both have nice guides posted. i'm trying to make my way through them as well.
    (a bit slow going without a web connection at home, for looking stuff up i don't understand.)
    still though, i really look forward to your and Revel's treatments. looking at what's planned, it's already an improvement.
    i actually bought gLantern hoping someone would release an edit for it.
    Firstling attempt coming soon. i hope.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

As happens so often with me, I smashed my way through the film quickly at first; making all the major changes I wanted...started fine-tuning, coming up with new stuff, then hit a (mental) snag. Some films, you can sort of (arguably) bring out the best qualities of them with editing. Other films, as you begin to reshape them you suddenly realise that there's just not enough there to hold your interest no matter what you do with it. GL is like that for me right now. It's not a hidden gem waiting to be shined up, it's just a so-so flick with a few nice bits and pieces scattered throughout.

Doesn't mean I won't try some more at some point. You just never know how you'll feel "later".