News Credit
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Avatar: The Legend of Korra (2012)

The sequel to Nickelodeon's excellent animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra takes place roughly 70-80 years after the events of the first series and follows a brand new Avatar named Korra as she studies airbending from Aang's son in Republic City, while also dealing with an "anti-bending revolution" that begins there as well.

The show hasn't received an official date of when it'll start airing (sometime this year), but the clips and trailers shown so far look damn fantastic - definitely on my top anticipated shows of this year.

Last edited by JasonN; 01-24-2012 at 04:34 PM.
    **Completed Fanedits**
    A.I. [super-toys last all summer long]
    Star Wars: Attack of the Federation
    Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic
    Star Wars: The Black Knight Rises
    Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye
    The Matrix Evolutions
    Pulse: Red Tape Remix
    Star Wars: Shadows of the Old Republic
    Pandora

News Credit
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I loved the original Avatar series (and I quite liked the Shyamalan film. It just felt like it was missing a lot... which of course it was, almost a quarter of the film was cut just before release; Sadly we may never see the proper version of that film) so I'm very much looking forward to this follow up! Hopefully it will retain the quality of the original.
    Currently Editing:
    Batman: Winter Sonata

News Credit
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

So I checked out the first 2 episodes of The Legend of Korra that were hosted on korranation.com last week.... holy sh*t, I think I've found my new favorite TV show this year. Just as good as the original Avatar, but it's not afraid to be its own entity... it's a new era with new challenges and a new outlook, but it's also one that still aware of the shadow left by the previous age (technology is a natural progression of the previous era's Fire Nation machinery) and it's heroes (the children of the first series' characters are kinda contrasts of their parents, with Aang's son Tenzen being so serious and reserved, while Toph's daughter Lin is so straight-laced and by-the-book chief of "metal-bending" police). Great art, animation, and music, stellar voice acting, Avatar's trademark sense of humor, and some of the sharpest writing and characterization that I've seen in years (main heroine Korra is definitely her own character and is a very interesting contrast to the previous Avatar, Aang, which is also reflected in the fact that she's a definite teenager with an independent streak compared to how Aang was at the start of the first series).

Overall, one of the best cartoons I've seen in a long, long time.
    Last edited by JasonN; 03-29-2012 at 02:26 AM.
    **Completed Fanedits**
    A.I. [super-toys last all summer long]
    Star Wars: Attack of the Federation
    Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic
    Star Wars: The Black Knight Rises
    Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye
    The Matrix Evolutions
    Pulse: Red Tape Remix
    Star Wars: Shadows of the Old Republic
    Pandora

News Credit
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoolsFollowing View Post
    and I quite liked the Shyamalan film.
    Wow. I thought everyone could at least agree on this. It is right up there with worst big budget movies I have ever seen. Since I am a big fan of the cartoon, it probably ranks 3rd place for most disappointing movie I have ever seen.

1st) Matrix Revolutions
    2nd) Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
    3rd) The Last Airbender
    4th) Indiana Jones & KOTC

If I taught a screenwriting class, this would be the first thing students watch as an example of what not to do.

JasonN, are those episodes somewhere online still? Would love to check it out. Super excited for this.
    Projects Completed:
    Matrix Revolutions - The Epic Edition
    The Two Towers Rebuilt

Projects truly In the Works:
    Star Trek (2009): Gem Edition

Projects kinda sorta conceptually In The Works:
    Riddick: The Chronicles
    Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi
    Who Watches The Watchmen

News Credit
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

here is a site with some poor video quality versions of the screenings of the 1st two episodes. It is pretty much like I remember things going with the original series. 1st episode is a little rough as it rushes to get the universe established. 2nd episode is pure beauty. http://www.animeultima.tv/avatar-the...rra-episode-1/
    Projects Completed:
    The Two Towers Rebuilt

Who Watches The Watchmen

News Credit
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Nickelodion has higher quality full episodes online now for the first two episodes. http://www.nick.com/videos/legend-of...?navid=showNav
    Projects Completed:
    The Two Towers Rebuilt

Who Watches The Watchmen