Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice League

News Credit
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

^ Ab-so-lutely!
    "You can put it in one word: fear. Fear of what you'll do to him. Fear of punishment so vivid in his mind that he fears it even more than sudden death. [...] My point is that cruelty with purpose is not cruelty. It's efficiency. But a man will never disobey you once he's watched his mate's backbone laid bare. He'll remember those white ribs staring at him, he'll see the flesh jump and hear the whistle of the whip for the rest of his life." - Capt. Bligh, Mutiny on the Bounty (1962)

News Credit
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

That would be so awesome!!!

Though, have you ever watched the Justice League pilot from the 90s? It has a very definite JLI feel to it, whether that was intentional or not.... LOL!
    "... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionicbob View Post
    Though, have you ever watched the Justice League pilot from the 90s? It has a very definite JLI feel to it, whether that was intentional or not.... LOL!

That abomination had NOTHING of a JLI feel to it, except for the choice of characters, and even those in name only. It was more like they gave those names to some generic bland stock characters. I not only want to see the JLI on screen, I want to see the JLI on screen behaving like the JLI.
    "You can put it in one word: fear. Fear of what you'll do to him. Fear of punishment so vivid in his mind that he fears it even more than sudden death. [...] My point is that cruelty with purpose is not cruelty. It's efficiency. But a man will never disobey you once he's watched his mate's backbone laid bare. He'll remember those white ribs staring at him, he'll see the flesh jump and hear the whistle of the whip for the rest of his life." - Capt. Bligh, Mutiny on the Bounty (1962)

News Credit
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

^ BWAH HA HA HA!!!

News Credit
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

SuperboyX is a very prolific fan editor on Youtube.
    His current project is a massive JUSTICE LEAGUE fan edit, with several smaller individual DC Heros tie-in movies leading into to it a la Avengers.

Just released an extra length 5 minute trailer, which I thought was very impressive...

That was very well edited, good choices of footage too. I do find the idea of the Smallville crew and Bale Batman interacting pretty ridiculous. Though I was surprised how well Reynolds Green Lantern seemed to fit in with them.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I know bootlegs of it are out there. . . . but it always seems to be pulled every time I try to find and view.
    That's kind of what I guessed, but I appreciate the clarification!

Maybe Warner Bros. will release it some day...
    Hey, you never know! Warner's finally released this laughable piece of trash for the completists, so maybe WW will surface some day, too.

There was both a Justice League (director George Miller) and Superman vs. Batman movie (director Wolfgang Peterson) almost made a while back, but both got their plugs pulled late in the production stage.
    From what I've heard, the Superman vs. Batman script was abominably bad, so I guess we dodged the bullet there. Still, I'd like to see something with them someday.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

AList is another active Youtube Fan Editor, his work is somewhat similar to SuperboyX.

Apparently AList is working on a Justice League project too. He stresses in the info blurb the FX shots in the trailer are not yet complete, it just to give the audience a taste. What I found most interesting is he is using the Dean Cain Superman....

News Credit
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Some really nice stuff in there.

It's fascinating to see Dean Cain's Superman interacting with the Smallville Lex.

At 0:30, I know the mouth movement doesn't match up, but that sure does sound like Christian Bale saying "Kent." I wonder where that's from.

Is the fight scene beginning at 0:20 a scene from the GL video game? Or is that actually how bad the special effects were in that movie?

The intercutting done to have Batman say, "When you're finished, type in your name" to Chloe Sullivan at 1:26 is pretty brilliant.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members like this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomH1138 View Post
    At 0:30, I know the mouth movement doesn't match up, but that sure does sound like Christian Bale saying "Kent." I wonder where that's from.
    From what I've seen, most editors tend to use Bale saying Dent from Dark Knight, swapping out the D for a K sound from a different bit.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

SuperboyX is a very prolific fan editor on Youtube.
    His current project is a massive JUSTICE LEAGUE fan edit, with several smaller individual DC Heros tie-in movies leading into to it a la Avengers.

Just released an extra length 5 minute trailer, which I thought was very impressive...

I don't think it's SouperboyX working on a JL project sadly, for example he hasn't got the full Wonder Woman pilot.

However - he did Superman Genesis as a new Superman origin movie using Smallville, and Worlds Finest where Batman of the Nolanverse meets the Blur. A World's Finest sequel, again using manips of Welling in the suit, is in the works. I loved Smallville so to see him do edits featuring Welling actually as Superman on screen is a treat. Like a lot of fan edits its like something from a parallel universe, a 'what if' as you may.

But another guy is tackling JUSTICE LEAGUE:

AList Productions has decided to give DC its own Cinematic Universe. He's used Lois & Clark, Smallville, The Dark Knight, Green Lantern and other sources to create what will be 5 films, however the pre-Justice Leagues range from 30-60mins, so it isn't five features. The first film is a Cain/Bale WORLD'S FINEST rather than solo. They use Dean Cain & Teri Hatcher as Lois & Clark, but most of the other characters are from Smallville. The League consists of Superman, Batman, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Green Lantern, The Flash and Zatanna.

For me, it really plugs the gap until DC sorts out their film franchise (Yes, after Marvel's triumph I'll admit WB need to get their backsides into gear!!) :

They even have a website: http://www.thejlamovie.com/ Worlds Finest [1hr], Green Arrow [45min], Aquaman [30min] and Green Lantern [1hr10m] are all out now, all have references to each other like the MCU and they even have a 'Coulson!' And that character is the exact one who I thought would recur in a real DCMU. Green Lantern is the 2011 movie reedited with significant changes to tie in with the rest of the 'universe'

The final major project that exists is a biggie representing something I wouldn't expect officially in my lifetime - Worlds Coliide - CROSSING OVER DC and Marvel - and it works with so many cool moments, such as Clark waking in the Xavier Mansion to be greeted by Professor X; Luthor kidnapping Tony Stark in the desert and forcing him to build a suit, and eventually all the heroes working together. Again, a follow-up is in the works. It is a great story. In the end they're all superheroes in my book, just owned by different companies. This is the sequel trailer:

The next step surely would be a DC/MARVEL joint-from-the-start universe series? No, I'm deadly serious - Picking and choosing and tying in elements would make it a very interesting story. It would be so cool - AList is connection what's known from the comics, but establishing bits from both companies and making the story logical would be one heck of a challenge. I say that as a lifelong DC/Batfan who has only just accepted Marvel through the recent movies. They're only separate because they're owned by different people.

Discovering the JLA and realising Batman & Superman and other heroes existed together in the comics was fascinating for me as a kid. It would be so cool.

What do people think of these? Does anyone know of anymore of this type of project? They really expand the Superhero Filmverse!

I can easily say I've been watching these movements like a hawk for over a year now, This is here a fan edit discussion in the fanfilm section but I'm so glad we're talking about these!.
    Last edited by DANLAV05; 07-11-2012 at 07:59 PM.