Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    News Credit
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TomH1138 View Post
    But, if I understood the earlier comments correctly, the video and audio will be extracted / separated from each other if I have them checked, correct? I don't want the video and audio separated; I just want the subtitles gone.

Also, I just tried to put the VOB files into PGCDemux. I checked the running time of each one in the program, as Captain K suggested. VTS_01 and VTS_05 have a runtime of 15 minutes each; none of the files has a runtime of 85 minutes (the length of the movie). This is all I have in a folder that contains a rip of the entire disc.

Why is this, and what do I do now? I'm not supposed to be using files that have been converted into MPG for demuxing, correct - I'm supposed to be using the VOB files?

(Also, just because I have more follow-up questions doesn't mean that I don't appreciate all of your help!)
    You most likely do want the audio and video separated. Because there should be at least two timelines on Corel (or any editing software) a video track and an audio track. I did a quick google search and it looks like Corel will accept elementary streams (m2v - video, AC3 - audio) without any problems.

With PGCDemux the problem you are running into is that you are trying to demux individual VOBs which IMO is not the way to go. Here's how I do it, and I suggestion you try it out.

When you open PGCDemux in the lower left is the box for Options. You want the following boxed checked:
    1) Demux video stream
    2) Demux all audio streams

I think "Create CellTimes.txt" and "Create Logfile" are checked by default (as far as I know that just collects info about the process).

In the middle of is a box labeled Mode. You want the circle to the left of "by PGC" selected with the black dot.

On top you have: Input IFO

So when you click the "Browse" button to the right of the Input IFO section, it will open up a box, then you want to find your folder where you ripped the DVD to. Once you find it (it should be a VIDEO_TS folder). Double click on it. I'm not sure how you ripped your DVD. If you ripped just the Main Movie or not. Assuming you only ripped the main movie there will be two IFO files. One is a "VIDEO_TS" IFO File and the other is "VTS_01_0" IFO File. You want the VTS_01_0 IFO file.

So once you've clicked and opened that, so the directory with that file shows up in the "Input IFO" section. Then you want to check the lower right. There should be a little white rectangle, with an arrow tab on the end of it. It should say something like "PGC #01--> 01:25:00:00" (you said your movie was around 85 minutes).

Now you want to browse for an output folder (that option is below the browse for "Input IFO"). Choose whatever folder you want, make a new one, something you can easily find etc.

Now go to the lower left and click the Process button and let PGCDemux work its magic.

When its finished you'll have the elementary video and audio streams you need to get started with your edit.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Gatos; 07-27-2012 at 03:01 PM.
    >>>Completed Edits<<<
    Currently Editing: Taxi Driver Rescored (Refn/Drive/Cliff Martinez Style)
    On Hold: Tampopo - The Noodle Western Edition

"I used Adobe Premiere, I like to do a little weekend editing. I recently just cut 3 minutes out of Goodfellas."

News Credit
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I don't want the video and audio separated; I just want the subtitles gone.
    A DVD is a complex combination of things. There is no way to delete the things you don't want and keep the rest in an editable form. You have to extract the things you want and then recombine them.
    Last edited by Brumous; 07-27-2012 at 07:02 PM.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members like this post.
    ^^ Not complex at all. Sounds like everyone is confusing him (TomH1138) a bit. Just use DVD shrink and he'll be fine. I've never encountered a serious problem with it.

1. Open program--> Open disc ---> Click Re-author tab at top ---> Find main movie and drag to the left ---> Highlight main movie title on the left ---> Click compression settings tab on the right ---> Uncheck anything you don't want (e.g. subtitles), plus choose no compression instead of auto.

2. Click on Edit tab ---> Click Preferences ---> Click output files tab ---> Uncheck split VOB files into 1GB chunks and click OK.

3. Now click on Backup button at top ---> Save to desired destination ---> FINISHED!!

** You now have one VOB file to play with and no subtitles!! **

If you don't want to use a big VOB file, then just use DVD Decrypter:

1. Open program--> Click Mode button at top ---> Click on IFO ---> Click on Tools button at top ---> Click on Settings button ---> Click on IFO mode tab ---> Click drop down box next to file splitting, choose none and click OK.

2. Highlight Main movie in the Input tab to the right (e.g. usually PGC 1 under VTS_01) ---> Click Stream Processing tab ---> Click Enable Stream Processing box ---> Uncheck everything you do not want (e.g. subtitles, extra audio) ---> Click on Demux button at the bottom (e.g. under Stream: 0Ex0 - Video).

3. Choose desired destination where Video and Audio file will be saved ---> Now click on the big fat-ass Decrypt button at the bottom ---> FINISHED!!

** You now have one .M2V file and AC3 file to play with and no subtitles!! **

News Credit
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STANKPAC View Post
    Not complex at all. Sounds like everyone is confusing him (TomH1138) a bit. Just use DVD shrink and he'll be fine. I've never encountered a serious problem with it.
    Okay, I stand corrected. I've never used DVDShrink because so many people have said the quality loss is bad. If you transcode with no compression, does that mean there is no quality loss?

News Credit
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

TomH, now that we have a surplus of cooks stirring the proverbial fanedit pot , have you tried out any of the methods that have been suggested? And if so, how'd it go?
    >>>Completed Edits<<<

"I used Adobe Premiere, I like to do a little weekend editing. I recently just cut 3 minutes out of Goodfellas."

News Credit
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members like this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brumous View Post
    Okay, I stand corrected. I've never used DVDShrink because so many people have said the quality loss is bad. If you transcode with no compression, does that mean there is no quality loss?
    Correct. There is no quality loss if you set it at no compression.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gatos View Post
    TomH, now that we have a surplus of cooks stirring the proverbial fanedit pot , have you tried out any of the methods that have been suggested? And if so, how'd it go?
    Hee hee! No, I haven't tried it yet. Past couple of days have been busy.

I guess I'll try your suggestions first, and if I can't get those to work for some reason, then I'll move on to Stankpac's.

And then, if that doesn't work, there's always professional counseling . . .

News Credit
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Hee hee! No, I haven't tried it yet. Past couple of days have been busy.

I guess I'll try your suggestions first, and if I can't get those to work for some reason, then I'll move on to Stankpac's.

And then, if that doesn't work, there's always professional counseling . . .
    , no rush! Whatever works. But the problem you have is totally fixable so I just want to make sure you sort it out. Because after that, comes the fun stuff....Editing!
    >>>Completed Edits<<<

News Credit
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Really vobmerge should be your first attempt. It will probably do the same thing as dvdshrink. I don't think you need to separate the audio from the video, because most editing software lets you unlink the tracks after they are imported.

Vobmerge is literally just copying the data, it will take you 3-5 minutes to complete the operation. The bottleneck is how fast your hard drive spins. There is no conversion/compression/transcoding/encoding etc. It just copies the data and containers it in an mpeg file (as long as merge as mpeg is checked under options.)

It will take you five minutes to see if this process works. One program, one file, no subtitles.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

OK, new question. (Hopefully, this one will be quicker than the last one.)

When I ripped the disc with DVD Fab, it split the movie into four parts. Now that I've gotten to the second part, the sound and video are all out of sync.

Is there an option to stop DVD Fab from splitting the film like that? I'm poking around inside the software, but I don't see any boxes to check or uncheck for that particular option.