Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    News Credit
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

If they're going with Future Past, that better mean Wolverine's in it!
    Editing: Man of Tomorrow (Subs/DVD5) / Star Wars: Family Guy
    Next: FOUR! Superman Projects, The Walking Dead: Outbreak
    Ideas & Covers
    "Opening credits are overrated. They take you out of the experience."

News Credit
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

It's actually very likely, despite the Wolverine spin-off movie.

Despite First Class being one of the best entries in the X-Men movie series, the film fared disappointingly at the box office compared with Origins: Wolverine, even though the latter was by far the weaker film. And the time travel element of the story means that there is a way to work in a modern Wolverine with the younger students. I'm almost positive Fox is going to use that angle to their benefit.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I've been saying this series needed Bishop or Cable to come fix everything! Hilarious they're actually doing it. I have confidence in Vaughn if he's sticking with it, I dunno if another director could do well with it.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Some interesting teasing rumors this past week or so...

Patrick Stewart hinting he might make an appearance and today Famke Janssen sort of doing the same thing...

Whether this is just actors trying to ride on the buzz of the movie for publicity or there is more substance to these vague teases I dunno....

Though the idea of clearly tying First Class to Final Stand is an interesting one.

If they do, and they change the timeline, they better bring back CYCLOPS!!!!
    I hate how he was short shifted as a character in the trilogy and even worse how they "killed" him. Though no body was ever shown/found in the theatrical cut.... Always thought a cool idea for X4 would be Cyclops showing up alive, bloodied and beaten, at the door of the X-mansion on a dark and stormy night. Turns out he was a prisoner of Mr. Sinister or Apocalypse, and he recruits the new generation of students to go fight this new threat! Fanboy dreams!
    "... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I used to joke about how they'd need Cable or Bishop to show up on a dark and stormy night shouting "I'm from a future that will never happen! This isn't how it was supposed to be! The future is shit! We need to go back and fix it!"

Might not be that far off...

News Credit
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    If they're going with Future Past, that better mean Wolverine's in it!
    And Kitty Pryde as well
    --
    :Fortes fortuna adiuvat:

My edits:

Codename : Wolverine
    Flash Gordon Savior of the Earth

News Credit
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

I honestly hope Wolverine is not in the next First Class movie.

All the other characters always get pushed into the shadows (ie. CYCLOPS!!!!) and it turns into the Wolverine show.
    The X-Men Universe is filled with so many rich, complex, interesting characters... it would be nice to let them take the spotlight and prove you don't need Wolverine to make a successful X-Men film. I would only want Wolverine if is was in a minor, SUPPORTING role and not as one of the big leads.
    "... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionicbob View Post
    I honestly hope Wolverine is not in the next First Class movie.

All the other characters always get pushed into the shadows (ie. CYCLOPS!!!!) and it turns into the Wolverine show.
    The X-Men Universe is filled with so many rich, complex, interesting characters... it would be nice to let them take the spotlight and prove you don't need Wolverine to make a successful X-Men film. I would only want Wolverine if is was in a minor, SUPPORTING role and not as one of the big leads.
    Gotta agree with you bob, too much focus on Wolverine is going on; and I mean on every front of Marvel's enterprises, him getting his solo franchise is all well and good but the group movies should be much more balanced. and because of this I was pleasantly surprised at the nature of his cameo on First Class.

If they were to really adapt Days of Future Past it would make sense to have him around in a similar fashion - say as a survivor looming in the background.

Oh and f Cyclops, his good brother deserves to be made team leader! :P
    --
    :Fortes fortuna adiuvat:

My edits:

Codename : Wolverine
    Flash Gordon Savior of the Earth

News Credit
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Some very sad news, followed by some very potentially good news on the same subject.

Sad news: Matthew Vaughn, who did such a wonderful job on X-Men: First Class, has bowed out of directing the follow-up, Days of Future Past, for unknown reasons.

The (potentially) good news is that Fox is approaching Bryan Singer to direct it instead.

I really liked both of the first two X-Men movies (although I know some didn't like the first), so I could definitely be on board for this if it happens.

Of course, Fox had Singer signed at one time for First Class, and then he bowed out of that. So we'll see what happens this time.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Matth...Him-33776.html

News Credit
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

I'm not liking this news. I was never too happy with the idea that they would be trying to connect First Class to the trilogy, and this does not ease my worries. I still think they should do a more traditional sequel, with Matthew Vaughn, of course.

It's weird because Fox struck gold with two great pre-boots last year, but it seems as if they're tampering in ways they shouldn't be with their sequels (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is the other I'm now worried about).

But, of course, it is far too early to pass judgement.