Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    News Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When does a band cease to exist?? isnt reunions pathetic?

When does a band cease to exist??

In my opinion Black Sabbath died when Ozzy left and Guns n Roses died when Slash in 1996 left them...

and those "get-together-after-30-years-apart"-tours gives me the creeps, when suicidal heroes of the past theme up 60 years old, when people loved them for there "die young"-style back then...and now they are just old stoners with nothing to give anymore, like superman without his super-powers....

its like a tattoo of a dragon with the text "die hard" on an old dying mans fat chest...its lost its point...
    Some people is meant to "die" young and never come back...

Do you people agree with me??
    ------------------
    Sorri four my bad anglisssh...

News Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

News Credit
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

every band should quit after their fifth album. mostly they lose it after that...

News Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would like to say that they should stop after their 3 album after the album that had the hit that made them big,
    because most of the bands release a load of albums before their big break, especially in the rock and hard-rock genre...

then there are eceptions like iron maiden and Ozzy for example that have about every third album that is good...
    or em i wrong?

and i just hate the bands that sellout and get a "new" style and then try to do a back-to-basic album like three albums after that and dont get it right because they have forgotten what they stand for from the beginning...
    ------------------

News Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was about to come in saying that some of them are still kick ass all those years later, but I just realized that both of the classic rock concerts I went to this year had bands that never broke up...?_?...

You're pretty much right about almost all reunion tours.
    sometimes i fantasize about gyro.... one day, he will evolve into pure energy and become lord of the universe. he is love. ~Nater255

News Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You have to look at each reunion.

Van Halen for example....Its just for money. They say that it is permanent and they will be doing a new album eventually. Well.. In my opinion if that was the plan why the hell wouldn't they do an album first and then tour? Well because the money is in touring. And since they know themselves that this won't last they need to get the money quick while they can. I doubt they will stay together for a full world tour.

News Credit
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I think a band ceases to exist the second they burn out creatively. That varies from band to band but the second a band loses the ability to produce a proper album then that's game over from my POV.

Sure they can carry on touring, but then you get the undignified situation where the band plays their shite "new" songs next to their classics, which are the only songs most fans want to hear anyway.

Not sure how I feel bout bands getting back together again decades later. I mean there's are plenty of bands today who can't stand the sight of each other yet have put that aside knowing they can cash in.

But then there's the one Led Zeppelin show for charity. I mean how people here can honestly say that if they managed to get hold of some tickets to see that show that they wouldn't be excited about it?

News Credit
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I think you are right for the most part, and sadly most bands I love seem to go downhill after album 3. I really enjoyed the Sabbath reunion in 98 though. They rocked pretty good for a bunch of old coots
    editing things, VERY slowly...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------: Finished Full Edits :---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    X-Files Mythology vol.1 - Exordium <> Because You Were Home (the Strangers) <> T2: Hands of Fate <> Bounty Hunter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------: Consecutions :------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Batman (Mayhem & Mistletoe) <> Zombie (Dawn of the Millennium) <> Space (Alien Elements)

News Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, the Black Sabbath reuninon in 98 was one of the few reunions that actually worked...

but what about the dudes that keep hangin on then?
    like iggy pop and The Rolling Stones....
    i think that they are really pathetic, iggy going on 100, and stones going on 150, and the most amazing thing is how they survived all the drugs they taken over the years without being drooling vegetables....
    ------------------

News Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to chime in and mention the Deep Purple reunion of 84. It has to be one of the most successful reunions of all time. Their tour in 84/85 was huge. And they did new material too that is still played today.