• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The Sukaiwaka Fortress—The Hidden Fortress with a Star Wars score

throw, your cover is loads better than the previous authorized covers. yours is more in the vein of the criterion yojumbo yojimbo & sanjuro covers.

i mean, nobody should have been forced to look at these:

51ZA3AXJPKL.jpg

51N3ZTY5W4L.jpg

vania_hf_kanji_archive_thumb_a3120bc0-c349-41a1-b3b4-d5baf8b05af3_1024x1024.jpeg

ssj said:
OMFG, if i were a male blu-ray cover and your cover were female, i'd totally have sex with it.  (consensually, of course.)

better use protection or that could result with one heathen bastard cover baby!

ssj said:
* any chance of using lower-case letters for my moniker, please?

applied to the back. Is it okay if the moniker on the front is in caps if that entire line is capped? otherwise, I may need to drop it all to lowercase. Your call.

ssj said:
* the slash thru "sukaiwaka" is fucking stylish, like a blade dunnit. wow. how was it done?

e-katana ;)

ssj said:
throw, your cover is loads better than the previous authorized covers. yours is more in the vein of the criterion yojumbo yojimbo & sanjuro covers.

Thanks! I must give creative props to whoever designed those new Criterion Yojimbo/Sanjuro covers; they're fantastic! The new Hidden Fortress cover is an improvement over that old green thing (the copy I have, *groan*), but it's not quite as elegant as Yojimbo/Sanjuro.

ThrowgnCpr said:
Is it okay if the moniker on the front is in caps if that entire line is capped? otherwise, I may need to drop it all to lowercase. Your call.

i see what you mean. have to admit, it does look good in all caps. still, would it be too much to ask to see how it looks mixed, i.e., caps + lower-case? preeze & tenkyu?

ThrowgnCpr said:

you e-ninja, you! (or e-ronin)

throw, i like your cover so much i'd like to make it the primary cover, and my own can be the secondary. zat cool with you?

ssj said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
Is it okay if the moniker on the front is in caps if that entire line is capped? otherwise, I may need to drop it all to lowercase. Your call.

i see what you mean. have to admit, it does look good in all caps. still, would it be too much to ask to see how it looks mixed, i.e., caps + lower-case? preeze & tenkyu?

Once I add the other details, I'll send you copies with both variations (all lowercase, mixed) for you to decide

ssj said:
ThrowgnCpr said:

you e-ninja, you! (or e-ronin)

throw, i like your cover so much i'd like to make it the primary cover, and my own can be the secondary. zat cool with you?

I'm totally changing my subtitle to e-ronin. thank you.

RE: the cover choice: 

FWIW, your cover was super rad, but I still felt the urge to create something for mi amigo.

thanks, bro!

and i'm fucking honored by your creation.

up to now, i haven't printed out any covers (i prefer viewing fanedits on MP4/MKV/AVI format), but i'm planning to print yours for wall hanging. it's that fucking magical.

now i have to deliver something of quality on the fanedit end, something worthy of that cover.

there's more whence that came.

f88888a908715d061947ebf93c721615.jpg

a28171a06f39d7f5a8dddb42aa0e5496.jpg

^ I love that Vader/Kenobi image!

JEDIT: I wanna play too:

165948-samurai-crossover-Star_Wars-artwork.jpg

aweshum, throw!

each of these pictures is historically accurate. time machine sez so.

ssj said:

see vader sama's eyes? the artist must have watched TMBTM's the war of the stars.

search your feelings. you know this to be true.

Are there any plans for rotoscoping the katanas so they look like lightsabers? :p

Kal-El said:
Are there any plans for rotoscoping the katanas so they look like lightsabers? :p

eh, I think this would be distracting. I'm in favor of keeping the original visuals.

Kal, that would be a fun idea for a different kind of edit (replete with tie fighter noises for imperial horses), but I wanted to keep kurosawa's visuals more or less intact.

Between the JW music and the new subs (about 215 sub alterations and 45 added subs), the viewing experience should be fairly different. There might even be a hint of Star Wars in all this. Cheers!

No, of course, merely joking :) It's true that it would detract from the original visuals, I highly agree!

This looks great! Is it ready for the public yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getting closer, yosh. thanks for the interest!

once i get some feedback from a few masterless samu. . . samo. . . sammo hungs, tweak the edit accordingly, then create a commentary track, trailer, and featurette, this baby should be ready to fed-ex exclusively to the tungusic tribes in eastern russia.

tried upping my trailer game. the secret sauce seems to be the music.
tip o' the hat to Guillermo CM on youtube. learned a few tricks from his hidden fortress trailer.

I'm pretty sure that is the greatest trailer music ever. Great trailer ssj!

Back
Top Bottom