• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Stephen King's IT (And Review)

Jack Tourette

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[youtube:c3hin3ll]

^ My 4 Minute Review of the 1990 Mini-Series.

I also did a pretty 'bleh' fan-edit of it a while back I plan on re-tweaking. Anyway, reviewing it got me re-watching it. I was a big, big fan of the original 1986 novel and this just does a poor execution of it. I blame the Director. But anyhow, there's a remake coming out soon with the guy who wrote "The Invasion" penning the script. It's also supposed to be updated to take place in 2010 and having the flashbacks in the 1980s. Anyone else a fan of the book, original mini-series or just looking forward to the new film coming out soon?

Jack, I have a (possibly) great idea of how to edit "It" and make it work. It's simple. Re-arrange the scenes to fit the order of the book. That could solve the biggest problem with the TV movie where the first half is great but the second half drags on. In the book we go back and forth between the adults and the kids and (best of all) the final Part (The Ritual of Chud) intercuts between the kids in the sewer in 1958 and the adults in the sewer in 1986.

I would love to discuss this more with you, as I am a huge fan of the book ever since I read it when I was 13.

Last online 8/22/10

Uncanny Antman said:
A good idea though. Worth looking into. :)

also for it I guess there is a lot of room for improvement by using other footage from movies in towns where people are chased by monsters and stuff to give the idea that this thing spans generations

kinda like the story about the fire in the black spot there could be an interlude from another monster horror movie with a title card that says the year or something

Sunarep, good idea. Definitely worth looking into.

For me, the biggest problem with doing the edit is the climax. That spider is ridiculous. I would want to try and minimize how much you see of the spider and really focus on the deadlights aspect.

I'm going to start working on a rough cut to see how it flows.

Back
Top Bottom